Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
cool. thats exactly what i want. gathering theyd be fine on a 6 inch wide rim? i had 225's fitted to a 7 inch wide 15 inch rim and that was pretty bulgy as it is. love the look of bulgy tyres :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yup, you can get all normal 15" sizes. They don't do a 235 for a 15" wheel, but Mickey Thompson does, if you're feeling rich :p

I have 225s on my 15*6 rims :) They'll tell you the warranty won't cover it, but you can run it safely.

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
haha 235's on a 6 inch wide rim. that'd be interesting. if only i had a moulah for that haha. be handy for the strip thats for sure.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I have a theory that the 215s are better around corners (for front wheels) and the 225s have excellent wet traction (for the rears).

I've tried swapping them around in various weather conditions, and it could be all placebo, but I think the 215 tread pattern they do has less tread wobble around corners. And the 225s have massive water galleries for getting grip down in th wet.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
What exactly are highway max tyres? I've never heard of them. Also, how good are they? Would they compare to goodyear eagle f1's or pirelli p-zero russos? Thanks.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
They are remoulds, like retreads but better, there cheap and have as good or even better traction then the higher priced tires.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on them if they're real good. I still can't see how they would be better than expensive tyres from big tyre manufacturers (bridgestone, goodyear, pirelli).