Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Doesn't the 385kw pack void your driveline warranty, as in not covered by holden or your insurance? Or is that underwritten by the installer?
Yes it voids driveline warranty. C&A auto have a warranty on their work but it's not a full driveline warranty. Just have to trust that it's a relatively safe mod. This is exactly why I want first service beforehand, so they can find any fundamentals flaws first. My insurance is with Shannons and they are fine with mods, you just pay more.

Bren66

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Motorsport
One week to go before I pick up my MSE, can't wait!. So called into the dealer today to order some accessories totaling about $1500 + I have a car cover ordered and I wanted them to get window tint done for me. Presumed I'd be able to have this invoiced separately to avoid paying LCT on the extras but no they say they can't do it. Basically the only way to get them separated is to go to their part desk and order and fit the parts my self. Also they tell me the cover has to go on the original car invoice. Not impressed by the service and communication I've received from these guys since dropping my deposit late last year. Anyone else had this issue?

macman

Reaction score
Members Ride
MotorSport
One week to go before I pick up my MSE, can't wait!. So called into the dealer today to order some accessories totaling about $1500 + I have a car cover ordered and I wanted them to get window tint done for me. Presumed I'd be able to have this invoiced separately to avoid paying LCT on the extras but no they say they can't do it. Basically the only way to get them separated is to go to their part desk and order and fit the parts my self. Also they tell me the cover has to go on the original car invoice. Not impressed by the service and communication I've received from these guys since dropping my deposit late last year. Anyone else had this issue?
That doesn't sound correct Bren66. My dealer will fit anything bought through spare parts and fit them during a service or any other time if I book the car in to have them fitted. If that dealer won't, tell them you will get it serviced elsewhere and they will quickly change their tune! See the service centre or else speak with the new car manager if they are no help. Tint can be done anytime later too. You are probably right about the cover not being available later though.

Last edited:

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
I agree with macman with the fitment of accessories later.

The car cover is ordered through covercraft, I think we do it through them directly and they post it out, 2-3 month lead time supposedly.

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
Here's a great little idea for changing centre caps. Aparently it's as easy as sticking on the suction cup, sliding to the side and pulling it out. $5 at Bunnings. Tip is from the MSE FB page:
View attachment 192755
You can use a credit card to free the cap, seen it on you tube, tried it and it works....

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Up to 700km in my MSE and wanted to do a first impressions post after the long weekend. I've done a few mountain runs (Dandenongs) and did the great ocean road today (to Apollo Bay and back). I've posted pics on FB, apologies I can't post here off my phone, get NBN Wednesday. Anyone on FB feel free to post my pics here.

Firstly, I'm following these break in rules religiously. 1) Keeping revs below 4k, 3k most of the time 2) No full throttle, feel like I've used maybe 50% a few times 3) Always varying gears and revs, no more than a few mins in one gear at one rpm 4) No engine breaking, always rev matching when downshifting (manual).

Did the great ocean road today in damp and later wet conditions and all I'll say is the MSE is a ******* weapon! Keeping it below 3k rpm in sport and using what feels like 20% of the performance it's already faster and better than my previous SV6. Engine is a dream. Gearbox and clutch are silky smooth and way easier than I expected. First time with electric steering and wow, it's incredible. Seats are amazing. Coming from a VE all the tech is amazing. Just a complete package. No noises or issues with build quality even pushing relatively hard today.

The single thing that's throwing me at times is the shift from second to third. The shifter is very springy so I just let it neutralise itself then push it up to third but maybe every third time it pushes too far right and I miss the gate going up, even with no lateral pressure from me. Hopefully this will get looser over time and/or I'll get better at it. Otherwise exceeding all expectations.

Apologies for typos on my phone.

Last edited:

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG
Got my MSE on saturday!...