Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Thought I might add my two cents... Long time looker, first time posting ;)

After months of deliberation I finally put a deposit on a MSE today.
Been talking to my dealer for over a month about it (No pressure from him, great guy) and finally decided this morning to do it.
Within moments of turning up my hopes of finally having a great dealer experience were dashed. Asked for the guy I've been dealing with on the phone only to be told he's on holidays... OK thats cool you can help me then. Asked him a couple of things about the Motorsport that I wanted to confirm that I hadn't been able to find online... Met immediately with a blank stare and 'oh we've only got one of those left and one director', OK figured that, can you tell me anything else about them, do you have a brochure? 'No we don't really have any info on them'.
Very helpful.

Anyway so I asked the price... Knowing well what I was being charged having already been told by the other salesman. 'Well the directors extremely rare so you're looking at around 90k and the Motorsport will be 80k... At this point I almost fell over. Managed to maintain now burning rage inside and mutter 'Have a great day whilst moving as far away from this fine gentleman as fast as I could.

Rang the manager this arvo and explained the situation (expecting the usual fob off and excuses about limited availability etc and to my amazement he also was NOT amused. Wanted to know exactly who I had spoken too...

Low and behold I now have the MSE on order and for 71k with the wing. Happy days. :)
well done, seems lots of dealers are stuck with them so good buying now

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yep not bad when the first car in the line up in the yard is a Redline wagon at 67k DA...

Good to hear. Sounds like you got it for around the MRSP. As it should have been for everyone!

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
I know it's mentioned somewhere, but can someone remind me the last date to change colour options on my Director, have I missed it ? Must be close I guess, I'm sitting on a Black one ? Thoughts anyone ?

macman

Reaction score
Members Ride
MotorSport
Glad you posted re Workbench Order Super Coach as I noticed on mine under 'Options' - it has 'No ordered options found'.
As I had ordered a rear wing as shown on the Contract for purchase, I emailed my dealer to have this altered.
So watch this one and all as it would be a real pain to get your car without factory fitted accessories you ordered.

Also ask your dealer for ( I think it is called) the production sheet (A4 size) with the production and small colored check stickers on it. My dealer is going to laminate them for all his LE purchasers. Just another thing to keep for Historic Reference on the build and delivery checks on your limited edition.

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I know it's mentioned somewhere, but can someone remind me the last date to change colour options on my Director, have I missed it ? Must be close I guess, I'm sitting on a Black one ? Thoughts anyone ?
24th April is the last day to change colours

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Glad you posted re Workbench Order Super Coach as I noticed on mine under 'Options' - it has 'No ordered options found'.
As I had ordered a rear wing as shown on the Contract for purchase, I emailed my dealer to have this altered.
So watch this one and all as it would be a real pain to get your car without factory fitted accessories you ordered.

Also ask your dealer for ( I think it is called) the production sheet (A4 size) with the production and small colored check stickers on it. My dealer is going to laminate them for all his LE purchasers. Just another thing to keep for Historic Reference on the build and delivery checks on your limited edition.

No probs guys, that validation sticker you talk about should be left on the car if you have gone NOPD. I would be advising don't touch my car. Leave it as is. Will laminate etc myself.

Comfal

Reaction score
Thought I might add my two cents... Long time looker, first time posting ;)

After months of deliberation I finally put a deposit on a MSE today.
Been talking to my dealer for over a month about it (No pressure from him, great guy) and finally decided this morning to do it.
Within moments of turning up my hopes of finally having a great dealer experience were dashed. Asked for the guy I've been dealing with on the phone only to be told he's on holidays... OK thats cool you can help me then. Asked him a couple of things about the Motorsport that I wanted to confirm that I hadn't been able to find online... Met immediately with a blank stare and 'oh we've only got one of those left and one director', OK figured that, can you tell me anything else about them, do you have a brochure? 'No we don't really have any info on them'.
Very helpful.

Anyway so I asked the price... Knowing well what I was being charged having already been told by the other salesman. 'Well the directors extremely rare so you're looking at around 90k and the Motorsport will be 80k... At this point I almost fell over. Managed to maintain now burning rage inside and mutter 'Have a great day whilst moving as far away from this fine gentleman as fast as I could.

Rang the manager this arvo and explained the situation (expecting the usual fob off and excuses about limited availability etc and to my amazement he also was NOT amused. Wanted to know exactly who I had spoken too...

Low and behold I now have the MSE on order and for 71k with the wing. Happy days. :)

Did you get a Manual or Auto?