Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I spotted something odd, the fuel filler door on the Silver Nitrate car is a shade different to the rest of that side of the car. Does it have a clear coating or something?
It's how the paint appears on plastic, searching HSV forum under nitrate match for background. Will say it's typical, normal even but not much can do to match.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I inspected some silver Nitrate Redlines and was satisfied with the colour match
On the cars I saw , albeit in the showrooms.

I have been told by many that the shade difference is due to the light metallic being on the plastic components, fuel cap
And bumper as opposed to
Metal

I am sure holden can improve in this area, why don't, BMW, Mercedes, or for that matter Mazda, have the same issue?

I still ordered the silver Nitrate, as I love the colour , I think it looks sophisticated, yet powerful
So I will be checking mine carefully when it arrives next month, if it's not a
Perfect match, it will be off to a high end panel shop in Melbourne, and they can correct it , posssibly under warranty?

As in the photos, overall the silver does look spectacular!

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG S-Pack Ute M5 (L27) and VF2 SS A6 (LS3)
I have Prussian Steel Grey and its doesn't have a detectable difference on the fuel door. I have another drama though and its with the starter being heat soaked - see another thread

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I inspected some silver Nitrate Redlines and was satisfied with the colour match
On the cars I saw , albeit in the showrooms.

I have been told by many that the shade difference is due to the light metallic being on the plastic components, fuel cap
And bumper as opposed to
Metal

I am sure holden can improve in this area, why don't, BMW, Mercedes, or for that matter Mazda, have the same issue?

I still ordered the silver Nitrate, as I love the colour , I think it looks sophisticated, yet powerful
So I will be checking mine carefully when it arrives next month, if it's not a
Perfect match, it will be off to a high end panel shop in Melbourne, and they can correct it , posssibly under warranty?

As in the photos, overall the silver does look spectacular!
You will see many Euro silver cars with what appears to be the same issue in photographs. It's rarely ever obvious in the flesh. I had a Nitrate VY back in the day & there was no evidence of any mismatch. However, after some dude ran into the back door of it and it went to the panel beaters there was always a detectable (to me) colour difference from some angles.
Panel beaters told me it was one of the hardest colours to match so I have always been wary of it since.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
If anyone taken delivery of a SOAG MSE can they post some photos.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I have travelling through Tasmania over the last few weeks and I popped into one of the dealers in Hobart to check out their HSV and SV6 in SOAG as I have ordered this colour for my MSE and had not seen it in the flesh. During my discussion with one of the sales guys, he mentioned that they charged $4495 for delivery for their LE models sold and charge more for HSV models. I thought the $2995 I was charged was a joke. He did indicate that this had nothing to do with delivery in Tasmania. They also had a phantom black manual SS sedan on the showroom floor.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Fair enough I get the gist but fact remains you shouldn't have to think about what road surface or mood to tell the car with a switch, an ideal setup is automatic. Like so many options in the tune that aren't switches or buttons.
I agree making a call on the longevity of the new Chinese version is unfair, given HSV owners with dual coils just wouldn't clock up 100k clicks (ever?) in these two years. Just saying there are better options which deliver no brainer cruising, better handling and guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Ahh, well I prefer to have choice. Even in an auto. Fully auto anything takes away choice. Choice is good. I would never not want to not have the option to choose the suspension, steering and sound, transmission mode etc. Full auto is not what I would consider ideal. Would you prefer not to have the gear selector and your retro fitted flappy paddles? No, of course not. It gives you choice and a way of engaging. A better driving experience. I do not want my cars systems to decide and tell me what setting I want. Not all the time anyway. But more than that, I think a fully automatic system would be a backward step and provide less, not more. Do I want a softer ride, when my grandma, or an important client is in the car? Yes. Or, do I want to try somewhere in between that and track mode, irrespective of the road surface, speed or any other variable? Yes. Think about it. Driver select is the only way. Another point too is not only is the hardware different, but the setup and tune is also unique to Holden also. Then there's the stiffer rear bushing.

Had the MSE not had these options, I would have bought an LSA. Indeed, that was my initial intention. This car, really is just a big boys toy. But, for those of us that paid the right price for these cars, (I paid MRP + $1,495 DD), we have a very unique and special Holden. I know you do huge Km's mate. But, most owners of these cars don't. Never will. So having a spring or dampener that lasts a lifetime isn't really an issue. Entropy reigns supreme, everything wears out eventually...

Last edited: