Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden: Hints of Torana

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
it's a HUGE thread dig :p

But then again, that doesn't take much in this part of the forum ^_^

The VE is going to age badly. Especially the Omega. That looked bad the day it came out :)

I still worship my square arches and wrap-around windows ^_^

5lt caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice 5lt,02vx executive v6,87 vl commy rb30
lol VN's arent going to be the best thing to look at in 15 years at the ripe old age of 36

no but they prob be still running, cars these days are disposables much like tv's dvd players etc cheap plastic crap. MY 91 VQ just rolled over to 200000 kms the other day and still going strong yet my partners 2002 VX same kms yet falling apart, both serviced regularly. THEY DONT MAKE UM LIKE THEY USE TO

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
nah they dont. They make them better now. Much better. I bet there is vt-ve's with 200,000 on them that are in better shape than some vn's with 200,000 too. Goes both ways i guess, and it helps if they are treated right :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yah, it all depends on how they're looked after, and which day they rolled out of the factory :)

Some LS1s are buggered at 200,000 while my 304 is still pottering along toward 300,000.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
nah they dont. They make them better now. Much better. I bet there is vt-ve's with 200,000 on them that are in better shape than some vn's with 200,000 too. Goes both ways i guess, and it helps if they are treated right :)

I think treatment is the key word. Unfortunately most VN's are treated like crap, particularly these days because they actually are crap due to being treated like it for 20 years. Give a VE to the dero's you normally see in clapped out VN's and see how long it takes before the VE's clapped out as well.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
THEY DONT MAKE UM LIKE THEY USE TO

+1. Nuff said.

Back then, they made cars designed to last. These days, they're made to last just a few years, so that everyone continues to update and buy new cars. My dad's tonner has over 460,000 kms on the clock, and still going strong, and still a good looking ute. (needs some work tho). And it's just over 30 years old now.

A ve would fall apart before it probably even makes it to 350,000.

EDIT: And what VN2NV said is true too, although I doubt a VE omega could withstand as much thrashing as a lot of VNs have taken.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
EDIT: And what VN2NV said is true too, although I doubt a VE omega could withstand as much thrashing as a lot of VNs have taken.

i reckon they would take more, holden use that much drivetrain protection embedded in the computers your more likely to burn a computer out from it thinking your trying to do a burnout all the time

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I dunno how many of you guys were around on the VN launch but everyone in the country called it a bubble car, freak, ugly, space ship... etc. The only good thing about it was that for the time is was absurdly fast. Times certainly change because now VN looks quite good now and much more respectable as a design than the VE if you park them both together

You are kidding right ?:rofl::rofl:

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
They should make the new torry look like the old ones but updated, same as they have done with the modern challenger!! That purple looking thing does not deserve to wear the torana name tag!!!

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
They should make the new torry look like the old ones but updated, same as they have done with the modern challenger!! That purple looking thing does not deserve to wear the torana name tag!!!

Precisely. I really like the new camaro and challenger, as well as the mustang and various other cars (take the mini-minor and the volkswagen beetle (although I'm not a huge fan of them lol. :p ) Because they actually RESEMBLE the car they are named after.

It ****ed me off when they released the new MOnaro a few years back, not only was it nothing special, but it was simply a 2 door VT/VX commodore. Looked and resembled NOTHING of the original monaros.

Oh, and andyman, you may have a fair point there.