Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden No Longer Australia #1 Car!!

M1LMO3

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
!!

Last edited:

Daggy082

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8
Not hard to imagine why thought... Fuel is getting really expensive and the VE's are big and slow...

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
they may be big and slow but they are a shitload more comfortable thats for damn sure

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Australians should keep the money in Australia imo... Holdens and Ford ftw.

M1LMO3

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A

Last edited:

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Didn't Australia used to have a cap on how many imports could be sold per year?

Where has this gone? Soon we will end up like Detroit.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
wtf, there is 8600 idiots that bought greatwalls *face palm*

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Not hard to imagine why thought... Fuel is getting really expensive and the VE's are big and slow...[/QUOTE

Big and slow's (probably got tons of power on the Mazda 3) is better then a driving a girly matchbox.

But seriously would you be seen in a Mazda 3 and treat it like your pride and joy ?? I'm thinking not lol

I get what you mean though it's cheaper on fuel but even the newer commodore's are better on fuel then the older one's but c'mon it's Australia's family car.

Those Mazda 3s Do have quite a bit of zip for what they are and love to rev, did 0-100 in 8 seconds, same as my VY lol But it was not that great on fuel only about 8.5L per 100, when i get 9.3 AVG

But I still love how big and comphey my Wagon is, and feels much better built, the imports are just all plastic lol

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Its quite sad...but unfortunately its also a sign of the times...fuel's expensive, and people just can't afford to run bigger, less fuel efficient cars. And the Cruze is a pathetic effort compared to what the Japanese and European manufacturers are offering. What I would actually like to see Holden do, would be to come out with a modern day Torana. A small, RWD hatch or sedan thats available with a variety of different powertrains.

For what its worth, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be happy to be seen in a Mazda3, and take care of it just as much as they would a Commodore. I drive an Astra, which is much like a Mazda3, and while its not a Commodore, I still appreciate it for what it is, and understand that while its not the Commodore that I really want (but will get one day), that it beats the hell out of catching the bus, or driving a Korean/Chinese shitbox that I actually would be ashamed to be seen in. Also - I wouldn't exactly call the Mazda3 girly...if you want a girly car, try a Barina Spark on for size....:rofl: