Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden no more: 600 jobs go, 10 yr support.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Some stock still coming
May be so but four cars on a boat is hardly the stock the that the dealers would have been told was coming some months ago...

But the reality is I don’t really know, cause I don’t work for Holden or any of their shipping companies, but it does seem GM/H have been telling porkies for a while now. So why give them the benefit of the doubt o_O

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I drove a colleague's ZB Commodore (plain white...yuck!) last Friday to a lunch meeting: the interior was rather too "squashed down" in appearance, and very, very bland compared to the VF. The sharply angular and oddly placed switches (following Euro conventions, no doubt) and feeling "cramped" got to me. Bright white LED interior lamps struck me as novel compared to the VF's unremarkable lights. Instrumentation was interesting, but not spectacular. Info centre was very comprehensive, but also very distracting. The drive was barely over 60km (not even to 100km/h either), but just that was enough to send me back lovingly into the comfy SPORTEC seats of my VF! I muttered to myself, "...probably no mystery why people didn't embrace this ugly duckling..."!

I haven't driven one yet, but I've seen from others' that the Calais V Tourer V6 AWD is much better appointed and finished, and nowhere near as bland inside (it is but still a German imposter...). But even with those increased creds and prettying up, people just aren't hooking a Euro car with slapped-on (Australian) Commodore badgework, which was part of the problem from the get-go. I think that was the worst con-job they ever tried to pull on an impressionable motoring public, save for the bigger con-job of telling mums and dads back in the early 2000s, that oversized and underpowered gurlytrux (thank you, FORG!) are the way to go for the future, not V6 family cars. Alas, the gullible public fell for the con, and here we are.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I haven't driven one yet, but I've seen from others' that the Calais V Tourer V6 AWD is much better appointed and finished, and nowhere near as bland inside (it is but still a German imposter...). But even with those increased creds and prettying up, people just aren't hooking a Euro car with slapped-on (Australian) Commodore badgework, which was part of the problem from the get-go.
Well ... as I said above, they sold better than Mazda6's and Accords, which are (were) direct competitors for the Renaultdore.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
May be so but four cars on a boat is hardly the stock the that the dealers would have been told was coming some months ago...

But the reality is I don’t really know, cause I don’t work for Holden or any of their shipping companies, but it does seem GM/H have been telling porkies for a while now. So why give them the benefit of the doubt o_O
How did you come up with only 4 cars?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
How did you come up with only 4 cars?
I should have been clearer that “four cars on a boat” was simply a numerically satirical number to highlight what I feel captures the lyrical waxings of GM/H :oops:

We are sorely missing a satire emoji or such :rolleyes: