Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden or Ford?! HSV or FPV?!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
FPV are awesome these days, the PHOON is an awesome car, but i still love the HSV's. IMO if your going to buy a six get a ford, for an eight get a holden.

As of next year, the new ford 8 will own the holden 8, the only comeback holden will have is make a bigger engine. With ford going back to the 5 litre it certainly looks to be interesting.

I bought the VY Senator Sig because you don't see them every day. Was fun while it lasted, looking forward to my new car arriving though, im sick of the holden vs ford crap to be honest.

dunno85

life's a garden dig it
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss 6L 6speed
holden and hsv for me because the first car i fell in love with when i was young was a slr 5000 plus my family are all holden fans.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I've always been a Holden man, but i still like Fords, and i never go bagging them out. The way i see it, their both great Aussie cars, and that's all that really matters. The new Ford, is definately the prettier of the two, and i think they have a real advantage in the fact that they offer both a performance V8, and a Turbo 6. And your not just limited to a Turbo 6, in a performance based sedan this time around either, a real credit to Ford for putting the motor into the Luxury versions also, aswell as the Territory.

If i was to buy a new Ford though, it wouldn't but the Turbo 6 , i'd still go with the V8, and if i was overly concerned about the performance difference, then i would just throw a bit of money at the V8.

Then on the other hand, we have Holden, offering a range or performance wagons, which already have proved to be a lot more popular than the Turbo Territories..(hands up who's actually seen a Turbo territory on the road?)

My vote at the end of the day, still goes to Holden....you just can't beat a hot looking wagon!!!

Last edited:

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
the BA XR6T is sexy that about it for me with fords i reckon most falcon before the BA were just ugly, holdens have always been my favourite, love the look of them group 3 VK being my favourite holden/HDT

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Ford/FPV for me thanks. Have had a vz ute now own a ba ute and there is no comparison between the 2. I can actually put weight in the ba without it feeling like **** due to the live rear axle not to mention the alloytec isn't exactly an inspiring engine. The interior of the ba/bf compared to the vy/vz is 100% better and there are no shitty green lights on the cluster of the sport models

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm some interesting choices i wouldnt of expected. More Ford lovers then i would of thought but fair enough....

If you own the two i guess you are most probably quite right. I think Ford have only just grasped a decent ute design from BA onwards and are sticking very closly to that design as noticed with the new ones. Holden have always had sexy cars since the VR. Not a fan of the olden ones

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I've always been a holden fan, but if I had the money I'd be driving an F6 Typhoon or the like. Always had bit of a soft spot for XB and XC falcons as well, but thats for a different reason