Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden or Ford?! HSV or FPV?!

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
How do you make an XR6 Turbo a sleeper?

Put XR8 badges on it ;)

good call! very good call

If i had the spare cash to buy a HSV, id probably think about it on the way to the ford dealer to order a F6 phoon. awesome car! have one in a heart beat.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Don't really get too into this whole Holden vs Ford argument. Each car has it's pros and its cons, so it's really down to personal preference or what you want.

Holden's have always been my personal choice. Just something about them...

but still, FPV's are sick, new XR series like the IT6 and the XR8 are sick. Not a fan of the new FG's but the BA/BF shape was grouse.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Sure it is, it's a XR6 with some more boost dialed in and some stickers

Those sticker brakes are killer, the sticker interior upgrades are killer too. The sticker turbo upgrade again a killer. I dont know how they can sell cars with so many sticker upgrades. :rolleyes:

MADVRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
holden 4 sure more power cheaper to run

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
2010 is the last year for Ford to be producing 6's or 8's. as of 2011 V8supercars will be very different. I can seeing it going back to group a.

and as for the ford/ holden debate.

give me a holden body and chassis with ford running gear anyday.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
2010 is the last year for Ford to be producing 6's or 8's. as of 2011 V8supercars will be very different. I can seeing it going back to group a.

Really? Did you just randomly type words to make it sound good?

The I6 will cease production in 2010, due to emission issues, this will be replaced by the duratech V6. The boss will also be phased out and replaced with the 5.0 litre variation currently running around in the US. It is still not sure if this 5.0 V8 will be a DOHC or QOHC. Regardless of which way it goes, it has holden killer written all over it, especially the FI variant.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais

The I6 will cease production in 2010, due to emission issues, this will be replaced by the duratech V6. The boss will also be phased out and replaced with the 5.0 litre variation currently running around in the US. It is still not sure if this 5.0 V8 will be a DOHC or QOHC. Regardless of which way it goes, it has holden killer written all over it, especially the FI variant.

I thaught they reversed that decision? (about the I6)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

The I6 will cease production in 2010, due to emission issues, this will be replaced by the duratech V6.

Didn't the I6 get a new lease on life earlier this year??? Nearly sure it had a stay of execution (for a few years anyway)

The boss will also be phased out and replaced with the 5.0 litre variation currently running around in the US. It is still not sure if this 5.0 V8 will be a DOHC or QOHC. Regardless of which way it goes, it has holden killer written all over it, especially the FI variant.

Might even consider it for my next purchase - looks horny from what I have read.

Reaper

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Yes the I6 lives till 2013 now and the 5ltr is a 2 cam per bank v8 which should be coming out when euro 4 comes into effect next year as the boss v8 doesn't pass the tests