Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Vk........jap powered?

would it be a good idea????

• Total voters

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
HAS A BLACK VZ SV6 NOW !!!
Rb26 In Vk !!!

I Reckon Get The RB26 Motor and stick it in the VK if you have the $$$$ The RB26 would kill those WRX for sure.

So I reckon RB26 Motor in VK

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
dont bring a nice vk down to a piss pore vl level man....get the vk a 308 or something more..serious!!
or if your desperate for a 6 then do a 3800 ecotec like me.. check out the engine on the my ride thing for me if you want ideas

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Not wanting to argue, but let's look at some facts here.

The EFI Holden V8s used from VN to VT are actually a decent motor. 165kw in stock form, versus 115kw from the Nissan 3.0. To get the Nissan engine to the same level of power & torque, you'd be looking at a fair sum I'd imagine.

The Holden V8 was in production for over 30 years. The basic internals changed very little, so most parts are common as dirt (and about as cheap). The EFI version was in production for over 10 years, and with minor modification is capable of 215kw.

Personally, what I'd do is buy a written off VX - VY SS or HSV and put the Gen3 into the VK. Now we're talkin' power. 235kw in basic form. 300kw is only an extra $1000 away. How much would it cost to get a basic Nissan 3.0 litre engine to that level? And if you wanted to go nuts later, the Gen3 has much more room for improvement. The stock bottom end is good for at least 600kw.

Food for thought.

finally.. for that i owe you a beer

NZVK308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK sold.. VN3.8 and VX aclaim
Fit a VL front cross member /struts etc... cant see why it wont go.. who ever said a RB 30 isnt a good engine wants to own one and see what real potential they have.. my last my (aussie assembled 87VL 3.0 5spd ) had over 400thou on the clock and still running hard as the day it was born.. the gear box was another story.. tune the RB30 to 20degrees static and 32 ohms on the AFM...HOLD ON!! lol

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
isnt this from 2005?
Anything that was going to happen has already been done...

NZVK308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does it realy matter? sure its not the first and last time the conversion is done...

Thread digging?? whats wrong with reading threads? or we spose to follow suit here? please enlighten me?

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Reading threads is no problem. Posting in older threads is no problem (to a certain degree), so what's the problem?

NZVK308

Reaction score
Members Ride
no problem on my part.. thats my point man

I accuse vkcommo, thread diiiiiiggg ( look formilar?)

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Yes i wrote that, maybe not take peoples comments to heart? :)

I know vkcommo well enough to joke around with him. He probably does not give a damn, you did.