Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Vk........jap powered?

would it be a good idea????

• Total voters

Rosco666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3
know one takes ricers serious it you can make a night of it and sit with a carton of piss a couple of mates ane laugh at the silly ****s go a v8 mate ya cant go wrong

D

driftking

fuk every 1 just go the rb 25/30 my mate has got a vl with a rb 25 in it it runs 12 sec all day every day that is stock internals after market turbo computer injecters front mount exhaust and it looks like a stock calis wit a front mont

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
my 202 is out and the RB is going in - just sprayed the engine bay today - the na RB30 has about 5 kw less than the V8 with 1/2 the gas. I like a V8 grumble the same as anyone, but when it comes to horses, I don't care what it is!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
here in the land of the long white cloud, you need to get it certed if it produces more then 10% greater output then the standard motor. me personally, i'd go with the ecotec and supercharge that. T5 box, VL turbo diff with LSD centre 3.46/3.73 or 3.9 gears using a VN ecu. VT twin spot brake upgrade, forget the standard V8/VL turbo brakes, there not much better then the standard ones really. oh hang on one minute, thats what my next project is going to be with maybe a little nos on the side.:yeah:

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
so.. did this project ever happen or not.. htere is a bloke on ebay who was selling motors.. not through ebay. i did have his web site but i have lost it. he sells all sorts of rb30's i reckon an rb 30 with a double overhead cam head was about 2500
here is his ebay store. look him up. might be worth it http://stores.ebay.com.au/That-Chaddy-Guy-with-VL-Turbo-stuff

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
how about you give me the VK shell, the contents of my car's engine etc, i'll put 18"s on it and respray it hot pink.

sounds like my new car :thumbsup:

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
how about you give me the VK shell, the contents of my car's engine etc, i'll put 18"s on it and respray it hot pink.

sounds like my new car :thumbsup:

Haha, good luck....

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
have not read all the reply's but why not put the vk front end on the vl and mod the rear end to remove the lip? its been done before and looks fine!

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
wouldn't it be easier to just swap the k-frame and put a motor in a vk