Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holdens Bathurst ****-up

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
hahaha there is one good thing to come out of it, the kids think the au is mummys car and the vt is daddys- the au is bog stock 6 and the vt is heavily modified, blown and stroked v8 but come bathurst time last few years I have had the kids convinced mummys car is faster than daddys because ford won so they must be faster lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Also on the rant of V8Supercars.

In an interview Craig Lowndes said he is on his 12th Chassis for the season. Thats just stupid not all teams could afford to that. They should have a limit of how many they are allowed a season. Maybe if the ****wank stopped running into people so he can win he wouldnt need a new chassis every race.

??? Ya got a link for that??? Doesn't sound right to me. Most teams have 2 cars plus maybe a spare.

Reaper

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
??? Ya got a link for that??? Doesn't sound right to me. Most teams have 2 cars plus maybe a spare.

Reaper

No link, it was said on the weekend, I think it was said Saturday afternoon, but may have been sunday, it was a big weekend :whistling

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I support the drivers who I like.

same here, i support murph, the guy that gets **** on every year by the driving standards committie. how could anybody forget that year when he had time to get out and take a **** during his "penalty", have a drink and strap back into the car. lowndes on the other hand seems to have a "get out of jail free" card when ever he does something that any other driver would get penalised for

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
No link, it was said on the weekend, I think it was said Saturday afternoon, but may have been sunday, it was a big weekend :whistling

Hahaha fair enough... just would have liked to hear the interview. I very much doubt he has had that many chassis (have they had that many rounds???).

Reaper

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Hahaha fair enough... just would have liked to hear the interview. I very much doubt he has had that many chassis (have they had that many rounds???).

Reaper

LOL, I dont think so, when he said it i was like WTF, did he just say what I think, and my bro inlaw just goes yep.
Ill go googling and youtube antoher day, and see if i can confirm it.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Did anyone else happen to see the sign someone made?

"Thanks for the drive mummy - R. Kelly"

LMAO, Yes, as funny as it was, I love Rick, hes a legend, and hes done bloody good to get wheres hes got. So sick of people saying hes a mummy's boy and they paid for him to race.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
LMAO, Yes, as funny as it was, I love Rick, hes a legend, and hes done bloody good to get wheres hes got. So sick of people saying hes a mummy's boy and they paid for him to race.

Hahaha There is/was a fair bit of Kelly money slushing around HRT/HSVDT over the recent past.

Reaper

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
so it's not even realy a VE anymore. jsut a VE body on last years chassis.
and the rear door has been shortened to fit onto the chassis too :thumbsup:

Wow, I wonder if the makes were reversed would the Ford forums be sooking as much as you lot are? Far out, get over it! Who gives a rats arse what make wins, they are more or less the same anyway!
yes but Troy surely you have a sporting team you support through the high and low, you'd go out in the wet, cold and frosty or sit in the sun on a hot hot day to watch, perhaps football, cricket?? You said yourself you support a driver and thats great.

For some of us we follow our V8 team through thick and thin. I sat at Eastern Creek 2 years ago under a tarp while Newcastle and Sydney got battered by storms (the day Pasha Bulka washed up on the shore) only to see the course car go out at 30kph and be pulled back in while the track washed away under the heavy rain. Ive also sat at Eastern Creek through hail to support my team. I'll be one of the first blokes through the gate at Oran Park to setup the "corporate tent" in december so I can see them out for 2008.

My driver is Skaife, my team is HRT, and when their in the sand or wall I'll back any car wearing the rory lion badge. I'm a team red member. My car has a HRT "tatoo" on the lower lip of the front bumper, and the dash is autographed by the drivers. I'll watch my local footy team play in the NRL and I'll cheer for Australia or the NSW blues in the cricket, but my sport is V8 Supercars and I get very passionate, the same way people get passionate about their footy team and if my NRL team loses and doesnt make it into the grand final, oh well.

So when it doesnt go my V8 teams way of course Im gonna whinge :D I'm also gonna agree it was a stupid mistake that ultimately cost us. Im not an idiot, I know these cars are far from the road car to the point its BS and the rules are just killing it, but its still my sport and I still enjoy watching it, even tho I got a good quote from the comedy series "The Games" on the weekend - "their the worlds fastest cars but the guy who starts first ends first unless he buggers up in the pits. its not won on the track, ultimately it comes down to a good parking job"

Anyway of course they'd sook, they drive fords :w00t:

Oh and I still think the best sign was "sorry I missed your 21st Jess ... but it is Bathurst"