Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holdens Bathurst ****-up

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
??? Ya got a link for that??? Doesn't sound right to me. Most teams have 2 cars plus maybe a spare.

Reaper

It was chassis 13 charmingly renamed 12A, Lowndes stated that he is not supersticious, and as the race winner would have to agree lol

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
woudnt want courtney driving a holden.like he currently being a demo driver and ever since his TV apearance tis all gone to his head.
Lownsy should go back to holden as if that ever going to happen. hell would freeze over 1st.
holden racing team was disapointing this year dont think i'll go for a membership next year.think the dockers will have a better chance of winning the grand final next year.

Lowndes has always been a ford man man and they can keep him. We need better young talent like winterbottom and courtney

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Also on the rant of V8Supercars.

In an interview Craig Lowndes said he is on his 12th Chassis for the season. Thats just stupid not all teams could afford to that. They should have a limit of how many they are allowed a season. Maybe if the ****wank stopped running into people so he can win he wouldnt need a new chassis every race.

What interview was this ?

As far as I was aware Lowndes only got a new car earlier this year

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
It was chassis 13 charmingly renamed 12A, Lowndes stated that he is not supersticious, and as the race winner would have to agree lol

What interview was this ?

As far as I was aware Lowndes only got a new car earlier this year

What ucwepn said, i THINK it was sunday morning, may have been saturday afternoon, was on tv.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Ahhh ok. That makes more sense. The 13'th 888 chassis (over however many years), not just this year.

Reaper

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
LMAO, Yes, as funny as it was, I love Rick, hes a legend, and hes done bloody good to get wheres hes got. So sick of people saying hes a mummy's boy and they paid for him to race.

Hahaha There is/was a fair bit of Kelly money slushing around HRT/HSVDT over the recent past.

Reaper

Its commen knowledge that Kellys old man has tipped in heaps of Money for his kids to race but they have had other sponsors aswell and it takes more then money to win races and get asfar as both Rick and Todd have. And im sure most parents would do the same for there kids in there chosen sport if they could afford to do so. I know I will support my daughter in anything she wants to do in life just as John Kelly has.

zapper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Holden versus ford is a bit of a stupid argument now…why

Both so much alike now it’s some times makes it hard to tell them apart.
It’s all just a big business now with so much people in the back ground as importers for parts and merchandising..

The main thing is car sponsorship that keeps things rolling,plus it ends up being the best way of showing one’s company name on TV.

I say we go backwards to real cars and roll cages using standard fuel and all safety options so we then can have a real race amongst manufactures..
Might even see an other Volvo on the bathurst track.

Other wise your just watching the ozzie style nascar..

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Holden versus ford is a bit of a stupid argument now…why

Both so much alike now it’s some times makes it hard to tell them apart.
It’s all just a big business now with so much people in the back ground as importers for parts and merchandising..

The main thing is car sponsorship that keeps things rolling,plus it ends up being the best way of showing one’s company name on TV.

I say we go backwards to real cars and roll cages using standard fuel and all safety options so we then can have a real race amongst manufactures..
Might even see an other Volvo on the bathurst track.

Other wise your just watching the ozzie style nascar..

What we run now is a variation of the group A rules designed to suit the v8's.
They ran with the idea of cage/slicks go racing for a bloody long time and it was a very sucessful formula. We wouldn't have the road cars we have today if it wasn't for all the era's of rules that have been used in the past. 80's group A was the go but the rules for homologation were very strict and then you had teams like nissan and mazda who would have all the homologation papers in japanese >.< and the officials had to accept what was presented to them, The fans started to turn away because nissan dominated LOL its the tall poppy syndrome imho. But when we look back now we see that of course we aint gonna beat GT-R skylines with family cars (even the sportiest).

Somthing needs to be done with the sport, add another class or 2

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Found it very odd that they would penalise Tander for the "Jump Start" when he ended up stalling, and going to the back of the grid, therefore taking no advantage from it whatsoever?

Also the hit on Greg Murphy on the first lap by Lowndes shows that Murph had a terrific drive. To have to fix steering trouble due to an un-needed and avoidable collision caused by one driver simply muscleing his way through the field, and end up only two seconds behind the leader indicates he had a better drive than somebody who bullied their way to the front and pretty much stayed near there

ve ss man

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
:bang::bang:
I miss when Lowndes drove for HRT :p
I learnt today he only went to Ford as they agreed to include him in merchandise sales after Holden refused when it was time to renew his contract those x amount of years ago...
Traitor :(
Even though Ford won, it was still an interesting race I think :D