Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden's New VF Commodore Breaks Cover

mangzilla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Clubsport
Am liking the look of this, and the Calais isn't something I usually like. Very interested to see how the SS turns out.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
i just hope that they save the sportswagon from looking like the ridiculously ugly cruze sportswagon... that would be a true shame, but since the exterior of the sedan is a beefed up cruze i don't hold much hope :( nice interior and im sure the sedan will grow on me a bit more than it has now...

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
The front is clearly modeled on the Jaguar XF. The bonnet lines are almost identical, and the smaller rounded grilles are very, very similar.
jaguar-xf-05.jpg

Now there's nothing wrong with the Jag XF looks... on a Jag, but I'm sure I'll grow to like the front-on stance of the VF.
The more I look at this picture, the more and more it looks like they just changed the first letter from X to V....

The droopy Colorado headlights on the other hand... yick.
cq5dam-web-1280-1280.jpeg

The taillights are from the Cruze... and are hideous.
Holden-Cruze-2010-1280-07.jpg

The duck tail boot is, oddly familiar (new Mazda 6 perhaps, or an older BMW?), but once again it appears the boot opening is far too narrow to be useful for anything other than a few shopping bags.
2013_mazda6_australia_01_sedan_07-1203.jpg

As for the SS, the big double grille makes it look like a cartoon beaver... however, this is not unpleasant and I quite like it.
images

images

NOW, the Interior. Yes, it's like a Cruze interior which has been over inflated, but that's EXACTLY what the VE SHOULD HAVE HAD. Nice modern looking interior with new(old) gadgets finally being added.
Cruze_Sedan_01.jpg

So, final verdict. Would I trade the Monaro for a VF? No. Would I buy a VF, maybe in the future but I doubt it.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Dash is rubbish.. Hate the running lights down the bottom but the color is good.. Think I would need to see it in the stealership to really hate it love it..

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
It looks like absolute Poo.

Exterior is a cross breed of multiple other models of cars. It just looks like a 12yr old hacked it together in photoshop.

Those wheels are horrid.

The interior looks to futuristic for its own good, and is that a HUD on the windscreen in the 9th pic of jests post? Can't wait to see how hard that fails in the middle of a sunny day.

The VE grew on me after a few weeks/months. But it didnt look so similar to so many other models of cars.

Just an all round crap move for the commodore, if you ask me.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Thematically it's more cohesive thatn the VE. It's more consistent, and the styling cues are consistent all over.

I don't like the boot spoiler. it seems forced.

The front end by itself is very BMW like, without stealing BMW design cues. It could be any major euro marqu - volvo, opel even audi.

The rear tail lights try a bit hard. Very cruze, not particularly relaxed in form. would do better with a straight edge at the bottom to echo the straight edge of the boot port and the number plate recess.

The interieor is very cohesive, with some subtle touches. I can see the console lid has been left dark incolor so that it wont show marks as quickly. Thats a nod to proacticality over style. I would have preferred the dash highlight strip currently in gloss black to be something dofferent though - it's too close to the matt grey highlights elsewhere. The dark woodgrain in the Mazda would have suited it better.

Without trying the controls of feeling the surfaces though, it's a VAST improvement over whats available over anything else in themarket, short of the mazda or a euro import.

On visual style - 8.5 / 10, and I bet the upmarket models will look better again.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The outside is boring. Just the same as every other car it competes with. I could own it, but it doesn't excite me. Wasted opportunity.

The interior is a huge improvement. Much more modern than anything Holden has done before. Still very ordinary though, it has nothing to make it stand out from the crowd.

It amused me that one of the few 'special' things it has about it is that the park assist also helps in 90 degree parking rather than just parallel parking like the others... that's like saying its also available with an extra spare tyre rather than just one like the others.. interesting but pointless.

All that hype for a car no more special than any of the new imports introduced every month of the year without fanfare.

Would I buy one? Probably not, I could get a similar looking and performing import for the same money with better bells and whistles and a much better build quality than Holden seems to be able to provide. When everything else on the market is similar, they needed something that stood out to swing the pendulum their way.

Disappointed.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The outside is boring. Just the same as every other car it competes with. I could own it, but it doesn't excite me. Wasted opportunity.

The interior is a huge improvement. Much more modern than anything Holden has done before. Still very ordinary though, it has nothing to make it stand out from the crowd.

It amused me that one of the few 'special' things it has about it is that the park assist also helps in 90 degree parking rather than just parallel parking like the others... that's like saying its also available with an extra spare tyre rather than just one like the others.. interesting but pointless.

All that hype for a car no more special than any of the new imports introduced every month of the year without fanfare.

Would I buy one? Probably not, I could get a similar looking and performing import for the same money with better bells and whistles and a much better build quality than Holden seems to be able to provide.

Just out of interest, name one.

Reaper

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
I see the rear and just think Camry Altise or beefed up Aurion.. Ugh.. Who the bloody hell told Holden that this was a style that was going to fit into the Australian market. YES, I know they are making a globally accepted car, but jesus h christ couldn't they just keep it a little bit more tough?