Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Home spray job on my vr commodore

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god, theres gonna be pictures

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
commoVT i dont think you have to be negative about him wanting to do his own work, if he want to do something to his car by himself so he can learn then thats fine, if he stuffs it up it's only paint and can be sanded back and resprayed, i think its good that he wants to do it himself, and asking questions on how to do it is the only way you can learn.

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
commoVT i dont think you have to be negative about him wanting to do his own work, if he want to do something to his car by himself so he can learn then thats fine, if he stuffs it up it's only paint and can be sanded back and resprayed, i think its good that he wants to do it himself, and asking questions on how to do it is the only way you can learn.

time shall tell

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
Thanks mate :) and commo vt tale your shot comments else wear not wanted here mate.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Yeah I have a long sanding file. So you mean rub the paint on out on befor putting the clear coat on?

no when you have primed the whole car in primer or highfill rub the entire car down with 600 grit wet and dry to get it really smooth for the topcoat dont rub back the car between the topcoat and the clear ,you can rub it all back (coloursand it) when its finished to remove any orange peel with 1000 grit 1st then 1500 grit then give it a good cut and polish be prepared for alot of work i know im preparing my project car for paint atm.

Andrew1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore 1994
Thanks bro. What to you reckon a good price spray kit for a car as in the paint? Everyone's saying the one i found oine is ****? And 2 pack seems to be a good choice buy everyone say aryllic is good to got no idea what way to go? Haha

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You are saying you have plenty of experience spraying etc but your questions arent showing that. If its just a choice of paint that you are looking for, you need to go to your local paint place and discuss it with the guys behind the counter. They know all the latest types of paint, the advantages and disadvantages of each one, and are usually happy to offer good advice. You wont save any money on ebay if you buy rubbish...