Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoons.

Should hoons have thier car crushed?

• Yes, on the first offence.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Yes, but only if they have a record.

Votes: 57 41.0%
  • No, crushing a car is too extreme

Votes: 78 56.1%

• Total voters

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
I think it is too extreme, it would contribute to financial crisis. What if a "hoon" slips and gets his car crushed for a minor thing? What if that hoon had a family and the car on finance he or her was barely paying off? What if their job was unreachable by public transport? What if they had a small child to take care of? I quite frankly do not see a family in that situation being able to maintain a minimum standard of life.
Being a hoon is idiotic and yes i do agree something should be done to prevent burnouts in suburban streets and EXCESSIVE speeding, but crushing every car from every person that is considered a hoon is not a very smart idea. I personally wouldn't watch my car being crushed, I would put up a physical fight, so that is another aspect to consider. That alone will create more complications/charges/ and costs to the system and families. I'm not a hoon, but i do not support this move.

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
just remember you don't have to drive a commodore to be a hoon just cus those WRX drivers don't have the power to spin the wheels dose not mean thay can't be hoons

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
just remember you don't have to drive a commodore to be a hoon just cus those WRX drivers don't have the power to spin the wheels dose not mean thay can't be hoons

LMFAO, coming from the owner of a vp, that is priceless.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

This. Every one's view of a hoon is different. I was called a hoon in my Lancer simply because it had a loud exhaust.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Thedeadwalk: Have you been in a rex with a half decent driver? My money is on it'll scare the pants off you.
Those things can be crazy fast through the twisty stuff, and have more than enough to see away a V6, or even V8 VP commodore in a straight line.

Go take a drive in your VP, any corner you can take in that at 40, the rex WILL do at 100.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Thedeadwalk: Have you been in a rex with a half decent driver? My money is on it'll scare the pants off you.
Those things can be crazy fast through the twisty stuff, and have more than enough to see away a V6, or even V8 VP commodore in a straight line.

Go take a drive in your VP, any corner you can take in that at 40, the rex WILL do at 100.

Chuck Norris can do a 100 around a corner in a VP...

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
crushing a car is to extreme, once a hoon always a hoon.

POP QUIZ HOT SHOT: Its a rainy night in a industrial area with 4 lane wide roads. you pull up to a turn with a court on the side so even if you slide out chances are you wont hit anything. No one is around and your feeling peckish for a bit of a skate. What do you do?

a) drive slower around the corner because its raining
b)drive normally
c) give it balls and slide for as long as you can
d) give it balls and slide for as long as you can and then go for another

Farax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
This. Every one's view of a hoon is different. I was called a hoon in my Lancer simply because it had a loud exhaust.

yeah tru everyones perception is diferent, i reckon once you get an exhaust or lower it or have stockies on it or have turbo u'll be labelled a hoon