Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I install genuine cruise control on a vs executive?

Ryan272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
You'll also need one of those small relays in the second picture I sent.
The diagram that markovr posted I'd imagine is dealer only info as it refers to retrofitting cruise to VR models using a patch cable whereas you are fitting it to a VS without a patch cable.....basically 'plug and play'.
When you plug the cruise module in make sure the connectors are clean - mine were full of dust etc and needed cleaning with a toothbrush and solvent. Also make sure there is no way the cruise module throttle cable can come in contact with the exhaust manifold as someone on this forum had that happen - result was a wide open throttle when the cable melted.

ahh k. i see now.
alrightee. ill be giving this a bash in the next week or so, ill let you know how i go. thanks for your help.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
One last comment - follow the instructions on page 2 of markovr's diagram re mounting the stepper motor as it gives the exact position to drill the holes.
Good Luck.

Shaundy

BMW Technician Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
I know this is a bit of a thread dig but before I go crawling through the wreckers I would appreciate it if someone could confirm whether the level of BCM fitted to the vehicle has any effect on the installation. For example, my VS is fitted with a low BCM. Does this matter or does CC have nothing to do with the BCM?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
My 95 executive has a low BCM and it has factory cruise fitted.

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
I know this is a bit of a thread dig but before I go crawling through the wreckers I would appreciate it if someone could confirm whether the level of BCM fitted to the vehicle has any effect on the installation. For example, my VS is fitted with a low BCM. Does this matter or does CC have nothing to do with the BCM?

None whatsoever.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
I seem to be having trouble finding a location spot for my cruise module unit I was told it sits under the air box but there is no room for it there could someone show me pictures of there unit and were it is located in your engine bay. I might even be missing a black bracket I'm not sure. Thanks for any help in this.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I seem to be having trouble finding a location spot for my cruise module unit I was told it sits under the air box but there is no room for it there could someone show me pictures of there unit and were it is located in your engine bay. I might even be missing a black bracket I'm not sure. Thanks for any help in this.

It's all in the thread you are reading now - go back to page 1 and read all the posts. I'll attach a pic of where it goes but like I said before, go back and read the posts.

Attachments

• cc module.jpg
    cc module.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 389

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
It's all in the thread you are reading now - go back to page 1 and read all the posts. I'll attach a pic of where it goes but like I said before, go back and read the posts.

Thanks mate, Since my post I have been told were it has to go into my VR and that there should already holes to bolt the unit to but when I inspected today I only saw one hole ? Also to be 100% sure I have the module, bracket & cable, cruise stalk & brake switch do I have everything I need to get this to work or has something been left out that I will also need ? I do have the connection already in the engine bay for cruise.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
There is only one factory hole for the CC module - you need to drill the second hole. Take care installing and adjusting the second brake switch. You seem to have all the parts required.