Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many k's for a vr/vs?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
The Mrs Has a VR with 227k on the Clock, and lets see, Where do i start, Heater core, engine mounts, water pump, front susspension, rear shocks, Inlet Manifold gasket, 2 thermostats, heater hoses, inlet manifold cooling hose connectors broke while driving, over heated, gear selector switch stops it starting in park some times, 2 new key heads, power steering rack starting to leak but been told most do anyway, IAC replaced twice, Throttle body, TPS, mirror switch, power window switch, & The 10k & 40k major services, New discs & Pads but these are just general things that have to be done. Anyway so i am now waiting for the harmonic balancer, Belt Tensioner, fuel pump, PS Pump, CAS, Oxygen sensors to fail lol. anyway after all the hours of ripping my hair out it runs perfect still :), considering the over temp alarm has gone off 3 times. 3/4 not a complete boil thank god. No way i am selling it i have put to much $$ into it now, only bought it for 2k 3 years back. Just seems to be after 200k everything has just started to let go.

not realy ?as long as the car has been driven ok. if the car is looked after and maintained up to and over 200k its should still be rocking along pretty well....things like heater core,and all the other issues are commen with the holden>some times it pays to do things that will need to be done in 6mnths NOW(dont wait till thay are 100% stuffed, so if you do thing as thay start to show you wont be banged by everything wearing out towards thair lifes end all at 1 time. preventive maintanence always keeps a car ship shape lol...best wishes

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
There are low km vs's out there, mine had 174,000 when I got it :)

But as it was said earlier it's more about how it's been taken care of and whats been replaced.
Had my fair share of stuff go wrong with it.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
and more probs to come...as i said if you get on top of them asap all should be good, and what make it better nathan is if you know how to do some of the work yourself,my vt 1997 has under 140k on it 14yrs later
There are low km vs's out there, mine had 174,000 when I got it :)

But as it was said earlier it's more about how it's been taken care of and whats been replaced.
Had my fair share of stuff nd dives as good as a new holden ago wrong with it.