Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many K's on your VR/VS

Rgsyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec 500k & still going
My VR has just clocked 500,040 km's, Last week I replaced a few hoses, thermostat, put in new plugs, a new CAS and 2nd hand coilpack. Now she's running perfectly...Just gotta get the bonnet cable replaced as Now I cant open the bitch !!

ChappyVS95

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Holden Commodore VS Ute
wow 500! thats incredible, whats the life expectancy for these engines then? obviously certain horses ect have to be replaced over time

Holden_Man

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Berlina
231,000 and counting.

Lance2560

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6exec
240,000 havnt replaced much, just tyres and oils and 1set of plugs and leads. 95model,had the gearbox takin out and new seals installed and stuff, runs like new

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
wow 500! thats incredible, whats the life expectancy for these engines then? obviously certain horses ect have to be replaced over time

Haven't replaced the horse in my engine yet, hopefully it last's a little while longer.

menara200

menara200
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
My 1997 oct. Vs Berlina. 180000. Replaced the engine at 170k two starter motors windscreenwier motors heater tap transmission (was an auto thenconverted it) now my diff is going

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
I've got 233,000Km's on my VS-II Esteem since new. 1 change of tyres, 3 sets of brake pads, 2 new water pumps, and on the second set of pulleys. OEM battery's on its way out as it's starting to lose charge and am currently doing the biggest mod to it yet. Installing VX commodore calipers/rotors and master unit to the front. Front wheel bearings are due and is due for another service. Recently killed the eurovox tape player for a sony cd/dvd unit. Still goes great and will kick you back on your seat when full throttling it, although it rarely gets hooned.

Hopefully i'll have the old girl for another 200,000Km's.

pmlegend

pmlegend
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 Wagon
About 215000 k's on my VS2 Esteem wagon and still going strong.

djmenow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Holden Commodore Acclaim.
My VR 5L I bought 2 years ago had 213k (total motor rebuild at 206k), The odometer stopped working last month at 242k. Since Ive had it I have replaced the Power Steering Pump, Wiper Mechanism, LPG Relays, Exhaust. Had the usual 5000km service at every 5000km, also just had all belts replaced, also flushed the cooling system and brakes. Replaced due to lowering, the shockies and springs. Most of the stuff I have done has been the consumables on the car and the extras are because Ive wanted it to look and sound better.