Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Wow, that was a mouthfull :hmmm:

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
At the end of the day decision will be yours the Calais V are a beautiful car I've owned my car for nearly two years now and every time I get in it I have a smile from ear to ear

Here is a quick pic of mine in current form

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366197785.732957.jpg

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just putting it out there your xr6 t are super quick but you CAN'T drive around at 200 with the v8 you have that awesome sound and the down low power I would like to see some one with a xr6 t be able to stab the throttle quickly and have that power instantly my ute with same mods as u want 80ks 2nd gear stab the throttle and she will light them
That's just my personal opinion as a v8 owner
Hahahaha your's lights them up at 80km/h in second, that's cute.
Come back to me when it does it at 110km/h in fourth.
What a pointless post.

To the OP, drive it. If you like it, buy it. Simple.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Do we have footage of these fourth gear skids?

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Purchase will be a next year thing so my questions are probably premature, but I was just putting it out there so to speak, thanks heaps everyone you have all been a great help in cementing my decision :)
I will look at some Calais V's soon, I read that the 2009 models got upgraded door seals and are therefore quieter than earlier models, also does the AFM interfere with mods? (I should really do a search for that question, it's probably asked all the time) I'd personally rather the non AFM model but I don't know much about it really.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Purchase will be a next year thing so my questions are probably premature, but I was just putting it out there so to speak, thanks heaps everyone you have all been a great help in cementing my decision :)
I will look at some Calais V's soon, I read that the 2009 models got upgraded door seals and are therefore quieter than earlier models, also does the AFM interfere with mods? (I should really do a search for that question, it's probably asked all the time) I'd personally rather the non AFM model but I don't know much about it really.
AFM makes cam upgrades more expensive.

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
They tend to have lifter problems with afm

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
If your doing a cam it's about $900 more expensive than a l98 because they have to change all the lifters and change the vally plate
But even if you don't do a cam the lifters in the afm still #### out and you can be stuck in 4-6 cylinder

Last edited: