Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
I currently own a 2008 calais V at the time of buying the car I had the approvals needed to buy a senator but found the overall features and price tag where all in favor of the Calais I've now owned the Calais for just over two years and I'd never think of selling it I live every lil thing about it the car makes good power as well it's currently tuned to a very healthy 345.2rwhp with just a cat back and Mafless tune an will very easily put a xr6t with similar mods back in its place and as that video if say you really would only have to do similar mods as mine has to get the same outcome

Must be a happy dyno mate ....approx 260rwkw is ALOT with just a cat-back & tune. (especially in an Auto with no headers , cats or an OTR )
But as long as you are happy with it :beer chug:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I currently own a 2008 calais V at the time of buying the car I had the approvals needed to buy a senator but found the overall features and price tag where all in favor of the Calais I've now owned the Calais for just over two years and I'd never think of selling it I live every lil thing about it the car makes good power as well it's currently tuned to a very healthy 345.2rwhp with just a cat back and Mafless tune an will very easily put a xr6t with similar mods back in its place and as that video if say you really would only have to do similar mods as mine has to get the same outcome
I'm sorry but I had to post, do these XR6T owners know your racing? Or are the stock?
Exhaust, tune and injectors will see around 300rwkw from the turbo.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I'm sorry but I had to post, do these XR6T owners know your racing? Or are the stock?
Exhaust, tune and injectors will see around 300rwkw from the turbo.

Lol strike, underquoting figures much? :p

Exhaust/Tune/Intake on the N/A will get ya 210rwkw. Just thought i'd chime that in.

Patrick13389

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
The car has been on three dyno's and produced roughly the same outcome on all three with in two to three horsepower of the original 345 tune

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Sorry to rain on any parades....but FG XR6T's are face ripping, exhaust flaming, torque monsters. (no doubt when holden releases a F/I engine, theirs will be too)

Stock they bang out 230ish on 95 octane. Drop $3,000 on one, and you're running 12's.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
The car has been on three dyno's and produced roughly the same outcome on all three with in two to three horsepower of the original 345 tune

Fair enough then.....nice figures.:spot on:

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Sorry to rain on any parades....but FG XR6T's are face ripping, exhaust flaming, torque monsters. (no doubt when holden releases a F/I engine, theirs will be too)

Stock they bang out 230ish on 95 octane. Drop $3,000 on one, and you're running 12's.

Please......not another Ford vs Holden pissing contest, its getting a bit stale !!!!!

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Please......not another Ford vs Holden pissing contest, its getting a bit stale !!!!!

Yeah I don't want it to become one of those threads either! It's that V8 sound and the Calais V look which has sparked my interest :)

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Just putting it out there your xr6 t are super quick but you CAN'T drive around at 200 with the v8 you have that awesome sound and the down low power I would like to see some one with a xr6 t be able to stab the throttle quickly and have that power instantly my ute with same mods as u want 80ks 2nd gear stab the throttle and she will light them
That's just my personal opinion as a v8 owner