Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much faster than stock is this Calais v 6.0

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Can i just add you dont need a bloody full exhaust to wake up an SS etc.....

Stock VE V8's are dog piss slow..... something like 6 to 6.6 seconds 0-100

Ramjet, rear mufflers changed and tune........ My SS will haul 0-100 in under 5....... timed, logged...... not youtubed because i'm not that much of a try hard.

$1000 for ramjet, diff back and tune $900 ........ Sub 5 second car. Extractors and cats will add more low down torque, mostly it'll help keep engine temps down but again ramjet good enough.

If you have the money, do the full shabang ...... better exhaust sound but other then that, no necessary if your on a budget.

$1500-2000 will grab you about 40kw at the wheels off these engines

PS. Biggest problem with the SS, you can only put so much power to the ground.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Can i just add you dont need a bloody full exhaust to wake up an SS etc.....

Stock VE V8's are dog piss slow..... something like 6 to 6.6 seconds 0-100

Ramjet, rear mufflers changed and tune........ My SS will haul 0-100 in under 5....... timed, logged...... not youtubed because i'm not that much of a try hard.

$1000 for ramjet, diff back and tune $900 ........ Sub 5 second car. Extractors and cats will add more low down torque, mostly it'll help keep engine temps down but again ramjet good enough.

If you have the money, do the full shabang ...... better exhaust sound but other then that, no necessary if your on a budget.

$1500-2000 will grab you about 40kw at the wheels off these engines

PS. Biggest problem with the SS, you can only put so much power to the ground.[/QUOTE

Cheers bigdaddy, I will keep all this in mind and I appreciate the info, I know about xr6t's but not chev V8 SS and Calais etc
That extra 40 rwkw's can certainly make a difference, my xr6t was 194 rwkw's stock then 244 rwkw's with just a tune, then 270 rwkw's with hi flow cat bigger intercooler and re-tune but the hi flow cat is what really helped the stock ones are very restrictive.

Looking forward to modding a 6.0 :)
Would those 5 sec or sub 5 sec 0-100 times be manual only or could an auto do it?

Last edited:

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I would doubt a V8 would crack the sub 5 second barrier unless it had some good mods. Auto will change quicker than a manual. FG F6 just cracks the sub 5 sec, and it will blow a V8 Commy off the road.

Now wait for the flaming.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Force fed vs na will always be a bit unfair though

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I would doubt a V8 would crack the sub 5 second barrier unless it had some good mods. Auto will change quicker than a manual. FG F6 just cracks the sub 5 sec, and it will blow a V8 Commy off the road.

Now wait for the flaming.

No flaming mate , I totally agree. I have an F6 and leave 99% of V8 commys in my smoke.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 Commy sounds better though :beer chug:

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Maybe depends on the noise you are looking for. Turbo side intake and 4 inch exhaust with 18psi boost has its own sound. May not be a V8 rumble but when you hear it you can sense the POWER.

When you get the calais make sure it has roof mounted DVD. My passengers love it.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd only get Calais V which has the roof mounted DVD, they don't have LSD though from what I've heard, I'd miss that :)

I know what you mean about the Turbo having it's own sound, even mine sounds nice... a bit like a fighter jet when on full song :)

And the heavily modded ones certainly exude power

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Hey buddy. I drive a 07 VE cal v v8. When I brought mine the car did scar me a little going full noise. After about 2 months I got used to it. Then I wanted more grunt. And got it with full exhaust and tune. As said by someone else it's really what you find practical and feel comfortable in. If you do get a calv v8 you won't be disappointed.

FYI. I've taken on the turbo 6 and let's just say they were left behind. :).

Good luck with it all.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey buddy. I drive a 07 VE cal v v8. When I brought mine the car did scar me a little going full noise. After about 2 months I got used to it. Then I wanted more grunt. And got it with full exhaust and tune. As said by someone else it's really what you find practical and feel comfortable in. If you do get a calv v8 you won't be disappointed.

FYI. I've taken on the turbo 6 and let's just say they were left behind. :).

Good luck with it all.

was it stock and is urs modded? because even with my mods a modded xr6t will me a good run for my money depnding on what mods even hand my ass to me haha

im a holden man but i give respect where respect is due and them turbo 6's deff have earnt it!