Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much will it sell for?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Ah wait ... now I’ve read the actual story here rather than refusing to watch Old Mate and going by the comments of others. :)

So they’re looking at selling the rights to import the cars to Inchcape, badged as Opels, and they’ll continue to sell all the other despicable rubbish (yet which actually sells because people are downright stupid) under the Holden badge. I can’t see that working out for Inchcape, to be honest!
That last Opel thing lasted 6 months if lucky, guy at work bought one no support at all and lost massive $$$$. Kia/ Hyundai are to competitive and the premium range people prefer Audi BMW Jaguar etc.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Those Calais V and VXR Commodores will be pretty damn good value soon, you would think.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That last Opel thing lasted 6 months if lucky
11 months apparently. I'm surprised it was that long, to be honest. Talk about a dummy-spit!

guy at work bought one no support at all and lost massive $$$$.
A workmate of mine bought a new Astra OPC, which at full price was around $47k on the road, for ~$30k all-up.
Shortly afterwards Holden started selling an identical car as a VXR for ~$44k on the road.
I doubt he took as much of a bath on depreciation as an Astra VXR buyer, despite the Opel badge. :)

Kia/ Hyundai are too competitive and the premium range people prefer Audi BMW Jaguar etc.
Their competition probably should be VW & Le French. The Koreans still have all the flair of a Kelvinator, and I think you can market something that's a bit more funky than that, in a slightly 'higher' niche.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Those Calais V and VXR Commodores will be pretty damn good value soon, you would think.
Watched a auction today zb Calais no bids at all went to 25k start

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I'd be happy having a VXR or a Calais V ZB as our cheap run about car.

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
Maybe the price wasn't right and the equipment could be used elsewhere in the GM world.
GM did put the engine factory on the open market. I suspect Dumarey offered to buy Elizabeth plant if they chucked in rights to Zeta platform for free.
And besides, GM would have looked stupid if Dumarey car company ended up selling something like VF utes in the USA.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, giving Buttner the benefit of doubt as he may be telling the truth that he didn’t take the job to close Holden. But his Detroit bosses may have quickly developed a different view of his role since his initial hiring and thus changed his work brief. So he will tow the line, do his job and take his bonus at the end of the sale or resign. Bonuses are almost always preferred. So, as he is still at work, just what would Buttner say in such circumstances... other than trust me, the check is in the mail :oops:

GM management haven’t shown any great corporate virtues since splitting the company shafting their own people, have withdrawn from country after country (shafting their partners) to the point (I thing) they are only left dealing in the USA and China. Seems you can’t belive anything they say.

Truth is management can be real pricks. One boss I know (not automotive industry) was tasked with calling in each subordinate and sitting them down for the talk. He had to sack 2/3 of his staff, some 40 people, which was gutt wrenching for him. Once this task was completed, he himself was called in by his boss and given his marching orders. Really felt for the guy as I knew he struggled with the retrenchments (would of helped if he was a sociopath).

Guess we’ll find out soon enough how much Buttner can be believed when his jaw and lips move.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah, giving Buttner the benefit of doubt as he may be telling the truth that he didn’t take the job to close Holden. But his Detroit bosses may have quickly developed a different view of his role since his initial hiring and thus changed his work brief. So he will tow the line, do his job and take his bonus at the end of the sale or resign.
I think he'll toe the line; Holden don't sell any proper cars you can tow with any more. :(
:D