Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to divert power steering fluid

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 commodore&vs v6 91 hilux 4x4
the fuel pump must have been turning off when the motor was cranking or the 12v power supplied to the fuel pump line (violet) must be giving power to the injectors
any way having it running will make it alot easier to Finnish the wiring noing what needs power and what does not
maybe i should run a relay strait of the battery and triggered by ign not sure though
i still need to find placement for the ecu and the exhaust is not complete hope that will not hert it as it only got the right and left manifolds going to the cat ,thats it

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
You wont hurt it starting for test run purposes.....for that matter at all, your only hurting the peace:) Thanks for the Thanks too.

The fuel pump is fed from the fuel pump relay in the pdf picture. The ECU feeds 12vdc from connector A6 to the relay coil to energise it, this then pulls the contact across so that power feeds from fuse #23 to the pump and to earth.
When you turn the key you should hear the fuel pump prime for 3-5sec or so. If it dosnt, then you will have to investigate whether you have 12v from A6 during that 3 sec prime, and wether power from fuse #23 is getting to the relay to feed the pump.

(*Note: im just thinking out loud here) Im not to sure about this, but the way the drawing looks, it seems as if the oil pressure switch(once you have pressure) closes, and also feeds 12v to the fuel pump. To me that suggests that once the engine starts the fuel relay may drop out and the oil pressure switch holds power to the pump. BUT im sure that if you have low oil pressure your fuel pump dosnt cut out, that would seem silly from a driver saftey point of view which cars are setup for regulation wise. Wouldnt seem silly inside industry where you dont want to destroy your engines. Otherwise you would hear of heaps of people replaceing pressure switches to get their fuel pump running. Plus i think i have seen this debated in this forum before, and it was said that this is not so, and that the fuel pump relay stays in all the time.
The only time i can see that pressure switch is useful(though didnt work for you) is if the fuel pump relay failed, maybe if you keep cranking till you get oil pressure, the pressure switch may kick in and start the pump.
I basically see that extra wiring from the pressure switch to the fuel pump near useless if the fuel pump relay stays in. Did you plug the pressure switch back in also, after the testing you have been doing.

Delco, can you shed any light on this??? its more your thing.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the oil pressure switch is just a backup circuit.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Also dont wire the pump to your ignition. If you ever roll the car, accident ect.....the fuel pump will continue to run when the engine has stalled and pump fuel everywhere and start a fire while your trapped inside with bent doors. It really does need to run off that A6 output so it will stop when the engine stalls:)

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Wow that was fast delco. So the fuel pump relay stays in all the time still, Plus that pressure switch just kicks in for fun also, yeah?

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
the fuel pump works fine as far as i can tell with ign on but when the engine is cranking i really dont think its been used but again not sure and when the 12v is removed it dies and the thing that is odd i have gone over everything ten time and its just not there the prob but as you know im only restricted to voltmeter and my knowledge so check light and well what ever ells there is also it dies very quickly like the added power is related to electrical sys it was quite ruff the 1 time i started it and the second was not much better but now its running well it accepts throttle and idles fine i know it will prob be different when we finally get to drive it that will be a great day any thorts on how to check that fuel pump cercuit is right out of idea's maby ecu or chip

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
if i tuck the ecu up in behind the dash will the heat be to much or to risky as it fits but will be right up against the fire wall the same hight as the heads of the motor
the only other place i can see at the moment is the glove box

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another question i got some real nice airoquip high pressure line made for the 4l60E and its inside diameter is only 4.8mm compared to the original 7 or 8mm lines do you think this will
give to much restriction i no its very high pressure as to hose clamps would not hold it so i have gone with the airoquip lines running to the back tray and its going to have a large oil cooler & 12in thermo fan im not sure what temperature they run at but ive got a radiator temp switch that i wont to use its adjustable but to what degrees im not sure does the ecu turn on the commo thermos if the auto starts getting hot or is there a warning sys that could be taped into as well to get the thermo working for the oil cooler even just as a back up in the case of main power feed fault

Last edited:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Im only swinging by, i'll get back to you sunday night. Im inbetween shifts atm, finish on sunday.

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok no prob's
:)
ill take some pic,s and a video off the hilux in the bush doing some donuts in third when its on the road in two weeks