Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get those potholes fixed

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Except if your tyres are 40 series or less in WA.....No cover at all.
That’s really fcuked up being that low aspect tyres come standard in many cars and they are a legal product to buy :mad:

So is that actually legislated or just the government informally defining rules and saying “we’ve got more money than you to throw at courts so go on, sue us”

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So is that actually legislated or just the government informally defining rules and saying “we’ve got more money than you to throw at courts so go on, sue us"

Not sure.....the Main Roads website says so.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
What really shits me off is that they always go and resurface a piece of road that didn’t need resurfacing in the first place meanwhile a couple of klicks down the road it’s pothole central.

I swear the contractors get told to repair and realign X and they go “that’s too much work, let’s go resurface Y just down the road a bit because it’s easier and gives us more profit margin”.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It's not always the councils responsibility, you see the same signs on on major freeways and highways...
I see the road signs saying "road under repair" but no sign of the repairs or the repair crew. I bet (road repairers) they send the gov. a bill for putting out the signs. ;)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What really shits me off is that they always go and resurface a piece of road that didn’t need resurfacing in the first place meanwhile a couple of klicks down the road it’s pothole central.

I swear the contractors get told to repair and realign X and they go “that’s too much work, let’s go resurface Y just down the road a bit because it’s easier and gives us more profit margin”.
That can be a local council thing. The point at which a road crosses a municipal boundary. Not all roads are managed by the State or Federal gov.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
That can be a local council thing. The point at which a road crosses a municipal boundary. Not all roads are managed by the State or Federal gov.
I’m quite autistic so I know exactly who is in charge of all the roads around here and where the municipal boundaries are and most of its got nothing to do with that.

There is one spot between the Ipswich and Scenic Rim council areas where there’s a potholed spot that’s about 50 metres long between the two council areas and that’s the only spot I know of.

Everything else is either laziness on their part or corruption.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Yep it happens here in ACT too.

Also when they made the Gungahlin dr extension which is a major road here, they couldn't be stuffed waiting after rain to compact the road base properly. Sooo now they have to resurface it in patches every couple of years. Which causes major traffic issues.....

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
They fix the potholes in our street after it has rained. Ok until it rains again.