Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] How To Install AU Thermo Fans Into VN-VS V8

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
picky bastard!!

:rofl2:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I presume that the instruction on Pic #2 where you say "Cut off the two end supports on the top edge of the radiator.", should really read the top edge of the fan shroud.

I think your right with that. No supports on the radiator is there, lol.

Azwellaz

Kickin' it ole skool
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT SS 5.0
Sweet! I am glad i just found this thread, i was thinking about upgrading the clutch fan the other day to thermos and i have some AU fans already too, now i have a better idea of all the little problems i will run into
Thanks for the write up mate

dinkum87

Holden for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0 MANUAL
great write up im tossing between buying the fenix kit off ebay with the stainless shroud and fan already made or just buy a 52 mm radiator and place the au thermo on it not sure yet but this write up is making me lead towards the au fans

Im just worried about this power draw as i run a dvd kenwood head unit 2800 wat amps two 15 inch subs lol so maybe the draw will be two much ???

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
great write up im tossing between buying the fenix kit off ebay with the stainless shroud and fan already made or just buy a 52 mm radiator and place the au thermo on it not sure yet but this write up is making me lead towards the au fans

Im just worried about this power draw as i run a dvd kenwood head unit 2800 wat amps two 15 inch subs lol so maybe the draw will be two much ???

The way mine is setup is so that only one comes on (low fan) then if it gets too hot the second kicks in. Less current draw straight up and I can say that you don't notice when the one fan comes on either.

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Cheer for this Nick!
Finally getting around to setting this up as i need the Vortech gilmer crank drive and strut brace to clear...
Been waiting since 2006....

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Good to hear you found this useful.

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Yep! Drem el is my new best friend...lol.
Fitted great once I bent the carbon canister bracket around and move the battery outward a touch.... sweet. ... :)

#Brock

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammmed Slammed Blown VT SS 3:9 Shift Kitted
Awesome thread mate, sorry bout the late thred dig, I'm wanting to put the au thermo in my blown VT SS as the OEM thermo fan to deep 150 mm n hits my charger pulley on crank so the au 100 mm would be a great fit n as we no they flow great 3000cfm. I have low n hi speed relay on OEM fuse box just unsure how to wire it up. Should be able to plug au straight into OEM plug an all will be fine any input would be great thanx in advance

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
will the AU's accept the OEM wiring?

surely the ecu can run the fans low and high speed like the original fans when required?