Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to jack a VX, wrong way and the right way.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Could use an exhaust jack.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I cant believe this **** has been going on for 11 pages. Have you got the car passed at Regency yet??

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Hmm I think you may need new suspension then.

Yeah, i know. I said previously in the thread that it's getting changed back to FE2 soon :)

Could use an exhaust jack.

Honestly never knew about them :/

I cant believe this **** has been going on for 11 pages. Have you got the car passed at Regency yet??

Lol. Nah man, have to sort out suspension and window tint first. This was just because i wanted the oil changed. I've got 3 months to make everything legal and head back there :)

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback

lol, yeah and next time go to a mechanic and get them to do an oil change , much cheaper then 3 days of playing "Where do I put my jack stands " ....

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
lol, yeah and next time go to a mechanic and get them to do an oil change , much cheaper then 3 days of playing "Where do I put my jack stands " ....

It would be easier, and quicker. But not cheaper.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
In the long run it maybe cheaper.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
lol @ it's just sheet metal and dangerous... where you had the stands initially was very close to correct, instead of having them under the plastic they needed to be a few cm's forward and contacting the metal.
That is the front jack points of the car, it's multiple layers of steel welded together for strength, it's a strong place to have a jack or stands.

Here's a handy hint if you can't get the jack under the front of the car to jack it up by the crossmember, put 2 pieces of 4x2 on the ground infront of the wheels (might even get away with 1 piece under 1 wheel), drive it up on them. Same principle as changing an outside rear tire on a truck.
You will be able to get the jack under no worries then. Make sure they are under the wheels when you decide to lower it off the jack and drive back off them, if you're really creative plane an angle so the tires go up an incline.