Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to: Remove VE door trim (not dial-up friendly)

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
speakers?

TehFastyOne, What speakers did you replace the stock ones with?

What size speakers are they? Any good suggestions for a direct swap? (unscrew/unplug old, screw in/plug in new)?

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
thanks for sharing, already helped a noob like me.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII

What size speakers are they? Any good suggestions for a direct swap? (unscrew/unplug old, screw in/plug in new)?

Wow fantastic write up TehFastyOne! You may have given me the confidence in attempting this little project. In regards to what ads18 has asked i would like to know the same thing and were there any wire stripping of any kind involved? to attach the new speakers. I have had enough playing around with the HU EQ trying to find a suitable sound! Also (sorry for the questions) did you happen to replace the stock splits at all?

bordie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
thanks heaps for that mate...saves me looking around for those cheeky hidden screws

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6

i to am interested in knowing about the speakers.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Thank you, thank you, thank you! After having a VT and then a VU (both used and very confident in pulling apart)... I was extremely scared to start pulling apart my brand new VE SS ute which I've only had for a month now. Hopefully now I can piss off those $2 pieces of paper crap in there and get a decent sound!

Haha, I pulled the entire inside including dash and seats out of mine with only 4k on the clock (yes only 4 not 4000)

I parked the car in my factory and pulled it totally apart. The car sat there for 2 days while I totally rewired a stero system, TVs and new leather seats!

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Wow fantastic write up TehFastyOne! You may have given me the confidence in attempting this little project. In regards to what ads18 has asked i would like to know the same thing and were there any wire stripping of any kind involved? to attach the new speakers. I have had enough playing around with the HU EQ trying to find a suitable sound! Also (sorry for the questions) did you happen to replace the stock splits at all?

Have a look at me setup, http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...27020-sv6-upgraded-headunit-stero-system.html

I put Focal speakers and Amp in aswell as a Calais Screen in dash. I also fitted a DVD player and 2 headrest screens.

I have a wagon and need the boot space so didnt have room for a sub. I highly recomend the Focals, they are a top quality speaker produce good base and are crystal clear!!

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
i second the Focal speakers. amazing stuff! What model did you get vts?? I got the polyglass - although I regret not getting k2s

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
back from the dead! :undead: