Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to: Remove VE door trim (not dial-up friendly)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Good writeup thanks mate.

tee-ess

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore 2008-60th anniversary special
Thanks bud, I have never played too much with my car before but I replaced my car door mirror using your instructions.I wanna add some info which might help others as I had to go through a lot for it. Under the arm rest( center of the door) there are 2 screws, one just below the handle and one below the arm rest, also keep these 2 screws separate from the rest as they are different size.

So once all the screws are off take the door out as mentioned above and pull up and out from the hinges side and then the other. Now i struggled at this bit as when i pulled it out there were some white clips which were left inside the door and didnt come out with the trim so I used a small flathead screw driver to take them out.
There was still this blue clip at the door hinge side bottom which didnt come out at all.
After the door was out. to replace the mirror, you need to first take the rubber seal off until about 5 clips off and you will see one T25 screw hidden, take that off and then the plastic where the wire is going to mirror, take that off with care as it has 3 clips 2 at bottom and 1 at top. Once this plastic is off you will see 2 more T25 screws, take them off as well and this will do the job.
Now if you have a wiser on your door, try to pull the mirror out as there would be adhesive as well.
Once off put your new mirror in place and reverse the whole process.
I still struggled with the blue clip at bottom as for some reason the trim didnt settle on it but i fixed all other clips and left it put all the screws back in.
Hope this helps.