Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to remove wiper arms????

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
I am wanting to re-spray my wipers, I have undone the top nut on both but have had no sucess in taking them off, could someone tell me how to remove them properly...cheers
boyz

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
yeh they are usually rusted on there fairly well.... i levered mine off carefully with a screw driver and some rp7

R

rattattack1313

Yes there is mate...get a white marker pen and mark then both...else-wise they will hit the bonnet etc etc.....

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
somw WD-40 and a screwdriver or other leverage tool will get them off.. give them a good wiggle.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
This is how

People seem to have failed to mention that the wiper arms need to be in the upright position to lift off... I found this out for myself.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
If you look at the wiper arms there are small diameter holes or notches on the top/rear surface, near the hinge points. If you lift the wipers a little bit the holes will line up with another hole in the part of the wiper arm that is attached to the wiper spindle. If you place a nail (or whatever) though both holes it will lock the arms against the hinge springs and the wipers will just about fall off, no levering with screwdrivers required.

PaulVRute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr ute 3800.
Yes there is mate...get a white marker pen and mark then both...else-wise they will hit the bonnet etc etc.....
Hey mate .I'm new .but my wipers sit up about 20 cms above where they should .looks stupid .do I have to remove plastic backing to adjust them ? Thnx mate .

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
You don't need to take the plastic off. No adjustment underneath.

Just pop the wiper arms off and reposition them correctly.