Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Advice

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
My 2011 Ls3 Clubby is manual, has cam, ceramic extractors, 3 inch exhaust and all the good head gear. Produces 339 RwKw, approx 407kw engine hp and is absolutely brilliant to drive. It actually sounds and goes like a super car. The mods were done when car was almost new and still only has 45k on the clock. Basically what I am getting at is that whatever car you buy, you can trick it to suit. Ps, a short shifter is a must if you go manual.
Any good brand for the short shifter?. What Cam are you running?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
what is WRT?

With regards to..

It's great that you're asking all of these questions about performance upgrades, tyres etc. But I think you might be starting to put the cart before the horse..

My advice, (as well as a couple of others here) is to drive the variants you are interested in and buy the one that suits. Then look at revisiting the upgrade path if you aren't happy with it.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Around 200 F1 wags mate. But there were no F2 LS3 tourers at all. The only LS3's in F2 were Clubbie and Maloo SV Black, Grange SV and Clubbie R8 Track edition

Posted the whole set in another thread, but saw this at the weekend which was relevant here.

Gen F2 Wagon with an LSA. Special order?

abfXgZL.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
All Gen-F2 wagons were LFA, all were Clubsports & pretty-sure all were R8-spec too. Auto only.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
All Gen-F2 wagons were LFA, all were Clubsports & pretty-sure all were R8-spec too. Auto only.

Oh, I didn't think there were any F2 wagons at all?

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
With regards to..

It's great that you're asking all of these questions about performance upgrades, tyres etc. But I think you might be starting to put the cart before the horse..

My advice, (as well as a couple of others here) is to drive the variants you are interested in and buy the one that suits. Then look at revisiting the upgrade path if you aren't happy with it.

Already drove a GTS (LSA) last Friday gone and was like little school girl , and was extremely happy with what the car offered from powered delivery of the LSA from its semi practicability ( Its likes to guzzle fuel ) . I got a good mix of environments to test it in and got a reasonable amount of time to experience the car . My main take away is HSV/Holden were not messing around and wanted to definitely go out with a bang in the HSV range especially with their flagship performance brands. so the GTS has set the bar very high for me and is the car I drove is not the one to be all to end all, But it did leave me smiling for a couple of days afterwards. I've still got a long list of variants to drive and still keep my mind open too all options but am very happy for what it was. And as one member posted maybe the $$$$ that the GTSR is worth is probably fluff and filler with an GTS or Clubsport being a perfect substitute

So once again I want to thank you all for your advice

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Two for sale atm Gen F One Manual - One Auto
Yeah, early Gen-F Tourers (wagons) were available in manual form, they were LS3 cars, 325kW (or 340kW - there was an option, can’t recall exactly what was included). Gen-F MY2015 saw the manuals quietly dropped, must not have sold enough of them to continue. MY2016 (sold from late 2015) was the start of Gen-F2 & all Tourers were LSA from then.