Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Mid Section exhaust

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
I see on Ebay there are quite a few like new HSV mid section exhausts for $150. I have been told and read there are a lot of people using these to replace between the cats and the rear mufflers for more sound and maybe a slight power increase.
I am just wondering who has done this on a VF2 and if there was any drone issues?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I honestly can't say I've head of anyone just doing the mid pipe. Usually for that price it's the whole system ripped off a HSV that you get or pretty close to it.
If you want more sound have you considered just leaving the muffler flaps open by pulling the relay?

Cava91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Ive got just the mid section GTS on my ssv 2

I cant say ive noticed a drone, but its definitely an upgrade. Noticeably louder & gave me more throttle response.
Next is high flow cats!

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Thanks for the information. They aren't expensive, so I will buy one and give it a go.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
I've got one on the way I purchased Monday . Note the rear mount is a ball type flange not a flat style like is on my ssv 2 so you will need to get this modified to suit.

Anyone know what highflow 200cpi cats will bolt up in place of the stock units ?

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
I've got one on the way I purchased Monday . Note the rear mount is a ball type flange not a flat style like is on my ssv 2 so you will need to get this modified to suit.

Anyone know what highflow 200cpi cats will bolt up in place of the stock units ?

I thought the SSV 2 had the ball style flange at the rear? I haven't checked mine yet. There is a picture of the original SSV2 exhaust in the this thread which shows a ball type flange not a flat style. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vfii.252947/

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I think the OE ball type flanges use norma exhaust clamps. I just checked my VF2 SSvR and its has the ball type / norma exhaust clamps not flat type bolt/nut flange.

Last edited:

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Just remember those ones on Ebay for $150 are 2.25 inch, not 2.5 inch as per the GTS.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Just remember those ones on Ebay for $150 are 2.25 inch, not 2.5 inch as per the GTS.

Is the standard VF2 system 2.25inch? If so I don't think it would make much difference then the rear bimodal mufflers inlet is probably 2.25 inch then so it will match up ok. What HSV's would have these been off if they are only 2.25inch? I think most buyers of these are doing it for the sound increase as it would probably only be a marginal power increase all though the x pipe and the muffler delete over the standard system has got to help somewhat.
PlanetParts told me he is getting these all the time so I assume they are coming straight from HSV factory.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Cree8/3rspecB: my car is a September 2015 build vf ssv 2 auto. Ball type flange on the front of the mid section and flat on the rear to connect to the bimodal mufflers. Maybe they changed over in 2016 or redlines different?