Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ht monaro

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Nice to see this project coming along. I don't know if you've mentioned it or not, but what colour is it going to be? Shame it's not a K, they had the best colours in the HK-G Monaro range IMO. Still, the HT did have some nice colours though.

Can't say i like the wheel choice though, i guess that's personal taste though.

Keep up the good work, will be a nice car to have when it's finished.

EDIT: Just noticed you said it's going to be seabring orange. Best colour for an HT, (especially if it's the original colour) my future father inlaw has an HG (well, the id tags say it's a G, but it's dressed up as a T) in seabring orange with the original houndstooth trim and a 383 Chev. Exactly the same from the outside as this car by the sounds of it (except it doesn't have the black stripes along the bottom of the car, only the ones on the bonnet and boot).

I'm pretty certain that Sebring Orange (correct spelling) was only available on HT GTS's - I don't recall the colour carrying over to the HG - in fact, I'm certain it didn't. Perhaps you should check your father in law's car to see that it is actually an HT, not a modified G. (Can't imagine why you would backdate a model anyway). (The HG orange was Indy Orange - different colour completely.) Those lower side stripes were actually listed as a "delete option'. You had to take the standard ones on bonnet and boot on the GTS but the side ones could be left off if you didn't want them. Of course, it didn't make the car any cheaper to buy.

There were two other striking colours on the HT GTS. Daytona Bronze, which was a metallic orange and Verdoro Green (my fav), a deep metallic olive green. The HT looked outstanding in either colour.

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
thanks for the comments guys, yes Blown V6 Hatch the car is going to be Sebring orange which is the original colour for this car, it will have the black side stripe, shame you don't like the wheels but as you said is personal taste. Interior will be the orange and black houndstooth trim.
Calaber you are an absolute wiz with all the old holden stuff, love it.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I'm pretty certain that Sebring Orange (correct spelling) was only available on HT GTS's - I don't recall the colour carrying over to the HG - in fact, I'm certain it didn't. Perhaps you should check your father in law's car to see that it is actually an HT, not a modified G. (Can't imagine why you would backdate a model anyway). (The HG orange was Indy Orange - different colour completely.) Those lower side stripes were actually listed as a "delete option'. You had to take the standard ones on bonnet and boot on the GTS but the side ones could be left off if you didn't want them. Of course, it didn't make the car any cheaper to buy.

There were two other striking colours on the HT GTS. Daytona Bronze, which was a metallic orange and Verdoro Green (my fav), a deep metallic olive green. The HT looked outstanding in either colour.

Perhaps you misread my post. It's an HG, but it's painted sebring orange (which is an HT colour as you pointed out) and has HT grille and taillights. So yes, it is a modified HG. The reason for doing all this is that the HT is a much better looking car than the HG (that's obviously subjective though) and it's not a matching numbers car (it was originally a 253 car, now has a Chev) so he didn't see the need to do it all original back to HG specs.

I know the car well, so i know what it is.

The best of the Monaros is the HK and the 2 best colours for the HK are Warrick yellow and silver mink.

This is all getting off topic, sorry for the Hijack Shooter.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I'll get some pics of it. It goes nicely with the 383, it's a pretty tidy engine. Just nice for a street car.

Would you believe he bought it years ago as a rolling shell for $1000? Obviously well before the current muscle car boom and back then he thought that was too much for an HG, but he bought it anyway...How times change :p

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Perhaps you misread my post. It's an HG, but it's painted sebring orange (which is an HT colour as you pointed out) and has HT grille and taillights. So yes, it is a modified HG. The reason for doing all this is that the HT is a much better looking car than the HG (that's obviously subjective though) and it's not a matching numbers car (it was originally a 253 car, now has a Chev) so he didn't see the need to do it all original back to HG specs.

I know the car well, so i know what it is.

The best of the Monaros is the HK and the 2 best colours for the HK are Warrick yellow and silver mink.

This is all getting off topic, sorry for the Hijack Shooter.

Sorry mate but I misinterpreted your original post to understant that the car was an HG painted originally in Sebring, but modified to appear as an HT. I didn't read into it that it had been resprayed in Sebring. And yes, I agree, the HT was a better looking model. Can't agree that the HK was better looking though, but that's a personal opinion.

Sorry too, Shooter. Must try to keep this thread on track.

BLOWN R8

WHISTLE BY HARROP
Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VZ R8 MALOO, LC 406, HT PREM, VX SS
nice project m8, same colour as my old HT...
htfrontr.jpg

htengine2.jpg

htdash.jpg