Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hx Kingswood

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
They're just "LE" rims not GTS rims. Those honeycomb rims were only used on HX LE Monaro's, that's it (I agree though, they're hidious). GTS rims are what i've got on my ute (mine are 15" and widened though).

Not so. Those rims were optional on HZ GTS's, but were silver instead of gold, and looked much better. I have a pic of a GTS with those rims from an HZ sales brochure.

Curran

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Kingswood, VT Berlina
just wondering if anyone can tell me how to lower front end?
first time looking at this sort of setup.. thnx

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
just wondering if anyone can tell me how to lower front end?
first time looking at this sort of setup.. thnx

Lowered springs and / or lowered stub axles. You can't drop those cars much without lowered stubs and keep it legal. I think CRS do a kit (they used to anyway).

Reaper

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
king springs...

coil compressors really help, so the spring doesnt take your face off. but yeah, leave the wheel on (if you can) take your shocker off undo the lower arm then jack the car up slowly and as you do itll let the spring out. if you take the wheel off or take the top arm off first, the spring will shoot out at a million miles an hour thusly removing your face. not fun. i cant remember the EXACT way to do it, but once you look at the suspension parts it should all makesense.

(i hope)

edit* oh block the lower arm first :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
king springs...

coil compressors really help, so the spring doesnt take your face off. but yeah, leave the wheel on (if you can) take your shocker off undo the lower arm then jack the car up slowly and as you do itll let the spring out. if you take the wheel off or take the top arm off first, the spring will shoot out at a million miles an hour thusly removing your face. not fun. i cant remember the EXACT way to do it, but once you look at the suspension parts it should all makesense.

(i hope)

edit* oh block the lower arm first :)

You will be lucky to get spring compressors in there.

1. Support the car chassis on an axle stand. and remove the shock absorber/wheel
2. Crack the ball joint
3. Support the lower swing arm with a jack and then undo the ball joint nut totally
4. Slowly lower the jack and the lower wish bone will swing down and the spring will drop out

Just do the reverse to put the new lowered spring in there.

Reaper

Curran

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Kingswood, VT Berlina
thanx for that guys,
just didnt want a spring shooting out

v6 panelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb panelvan
i know this thread is a bit old, but i love the car mate!

any updates on it? im only a p-plated and i have a wb panelvan, i love these old cars!

oh and i think the solid wheels u were asking about are the centreline auto-drags, bloody nice wheels! in the process of looking for some for my van!

anyway keep up the good work, good to see another p-plater with a good sense of style when it comes to cars, not these other young fellas driving round in non turbo skylines and stuff lol

cheers

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
They're just "LE" rims not GTS rims. Those honeycomb rims were only used on HX LE Monaro's, that's it (I agree though, they're hidious). GTS rims are what i've got on my ute (mine are 15" and widened though).

Sorry somebody beat me to it.