Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i built this car up from **** when i was 12

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
looks good man, good effort for your age. is that a cheap ebay fuel pressure regulator? how is the quality im thinking of getting one

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
yea they say its a fuel lab regualtor. and yea it only cost about 30 bucks.. dont regret it at all. since ive put it in the car starts instanly.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Ok mate, sorry for being a bit of a pr*ck before but with the info you gave me I stand by my comments. As others have said, have a look around at other peoples my ride threads to see what info they give.

Looks like you've actually put a lot of hard work in and done a decent job of it. Thanks for being a good sport and not chucking a sh*tfit :)

Again, sorry, and welcome for real this time lol. By the way, I really like those wheels.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Yea looks way better in them pics wheels are tuff just look at a few other threads and you will learn abit more about your thread good work keep it up mate :) .

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
nahh thats all cool man i actually didnt mean to post it i was trying to post the picture into another forum but failed. but yea i only figured out my #### up tonight and couldnt really take it back. its alot differnt to my old site "boostcruizing"but ill get used to it .. thanks anyway

btw the wheels are actually for sale i dont like em and the rear tyres are bald..

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
nahh thats all cool man i actually didnt mean to post it i was trying to post the picture into another forum but failed. but yea i only figured out my #### up tonight and couldnt really take it back. its alot differnt to my old site "boostcruizing"but ill get used to it .. thanks anyway

vlalx095

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl sl
kinda thinking about selling the wheels for some walkinshaw 17s

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The extractors aren't Pacemaker, could be Redback.

Still not sure if this car has all the work that is talked about, but if so, you sure did it the hard and expensive way.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
story is i had a 308 vk when i was 12 and had to gget drivable car for my ps so i swapped the vk for this vl and 5 grand. it was completely stock and it didnt start s i replaced the fuel tank, bought aftermarket pumps(inter and outer) then replace the fuel filter and fuel rails.
then i replaced injectors and fuels pressure regulator and it still wouldnt start so i looked at spark.

with the ignition system i replaced all spark plugs with after market ngk dual prong plugs, i bought new leads and a new coil pack. fire ball i think they were. then i got a new dizzy and crank angle sensor and tried to start it then and no spark so i bought a new computer with aftermarket chips and tried it the and still no go.

then i spent most of the money i got from the vk on a full motor rebuild with all new forged internals and a bigger camshaft(not sure what stage a mechanic gave me the upgrade) new gaskets and bearings and when i put it all together it stll wouldnt start so i left the motor for a while and decked out the sterion system

i got a kenwood head deck and some kenwood 6x9s and some auspower 6x6s (that light up to your chosen colour) then i ran all that though a big 2000w 4ch kicker amp with two hardfaced 12 inch kicker subs. then i went and got some red and blue neons for show and put them under the seats, boot and dash

then my cousin sold me some 17inch x 8 inch mags that i had to polish up.

it didnt take too long before it started coming good but i gave up on the engine for about 2 years and just let it sit while i did some more to the interior and exhaust system.

i bought a new boss kit and after market steering wheel and saas foot pedals,
leanrt to weld and made my own 2.5 inch exhaust pipe, booted the guts outta the cattalytic converter (for high flow) and some dick face asked me if i wanted him to put a muffler on and i let him do it himself when i was on hollidays. he welded a gay ass cannon onto my exhaust system which really makes my work look ****. the extractors are either redbacks or pacemakers. dont actually know all i know is that they sound tuff.

up until last year i decided to try with the engine again and sprayed a shitload of aerostart into the intake manifold and turned it over and then it finally rewarded my work with a big roar.. but then i hooked up the airflow meter and it was about a hundred times better.

it just sucks now that i spent all the money i had when i could have bought and lsd and a manual conversion with it

hope you like my story

so, what 'forged internal' work was done?

and yeah the gutterd cat will give u super high flow awesomeness.. the 10k EPA fine will suck though :p