Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don't speak Holden, but HELLO!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Errrr... What plannet are you on? Ford have been taking huge bites out of Holden sales since the release of the FG.

Looks are subjective (as to whther or not you like something). But stand a brand new SV6 and a brand new XR6 next to each other and the XR6 looks more modern. And before you flame me, I've owned three VEs (one a HSV) and an FG. FG looks are the best thing Ford has done in a LONG time. Hence a lot more sales since its release.

Dude, I'm not trying to give you a hard time... I owned a Ford in the past too (ok it was a 4x4 Courier, but still), but facts are facts and I believe I'm not the one from another planet in this instance :).
FYI... 2 links. NEW CAR SALES ACHIEVE A RECORD SEPTEMBER RESULT : FCAI

The above link is from the FCAI. They are the people who count vehicle sales officially. The 3 highest selling companies for September were: 1. Toyota, 2. Holden, 3. Mazda.
Not only did Ford not beat Holden in sales, but it didnt even beat Mazda (who had substantially less sales than Holden btw).

Ford Australia Posts $13 Million Net After-Tax Profit For 2009 | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications
This link is from May this year (a little dated but still). It accurately highlights Ford plight. They are STRUGGLING. As a company made a total of $13 million profit last year. Thats it. And that's actually a good result because they havent been profitable at all since 2005.

I really do hope they get a bigger chunk of the market with their line up as you predict, because honestly they cant get much worse. Beaten by Mazda in sales? You gotta be kidding me. It would be very sad to see them go... but seriously man, as much as you love Ford (and thats cool)... its not only in this forum that you are minority. It's sad because I dont mind Ford (still like Holden better though), but facts are facts.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Re-read my post. I said that since the FG, Ford have been taking back a lot of customers, eating into Holden sales. I didn't say they sold more. Your post is a waste as it wasn't the argument I was making.

The actual quote was: "Ford have been taking huge bites out of Holden sales since the release of the FG."

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
End of the day as soop said, very similiar cars, both Aussie, take your pic and be happy to be driving such amazing cars.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
lmfao, way to fill this guys thread up with crap... :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, there is NO 'one' better car than the other, because what makes a car the 'best' to someone, might not be important to someone else, and vice-versa.

this car looks better...
that car uses more fuel...
this car has more power...
this car is turbo...
this car is outselling that other car...

Basically who gives a ####?

[/RANT]

Drive what you want to drive, buy what you want to buy, but don't bother trying to convince someone that "Car A" IS BETTER than "Car B"

O/P, welcome to the forum mate and welcome to the dark side :devil: muahahahaa!

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Yeah, I had a tossup between an xr6 ute and the sv6 ute and chose the sv6, i hated the look of the ford. Seamless integration of the tray withe the cabin bites the cake. Hate how the ford has the cabin separate. And i don't know why people still compare an xr6 turbo with a sidi sv6 for performance (power-wise), it's as stupid as comparing a 6.2 L vs's 3.6L .

To the original OP welcome aboard mate, if you're after mods to your new found joy you've come to the right place. We ain't afraid of warranty voids haha... well maybe deep down inside.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Just a quick point - when considering buying a ute, SURELY the live axle issue would come into play between the FG and the VE - seriously - if you're planning on carrying a decent load, buy a hilux. If you're looking for an economical way of buying into the V8 scene (or turbo taxi) and being able to take your dog with you, go for a ute - the solid-back FGs have FA rear grip, and by giving people to option to have a tray-back, you're taking even more weight (read grip) away from the rear end. Combine that with a turbo that, lets face it, really shouldn't be on the same motor that powers 99% of Sydney taxis, and you're just begging for trouble. And as a side note - the old falcon utes (longreach era) managed to offer a solid back and tray-back without that crap-looking separation that makes the whole car look like an afterthought, (so did the old VY one tonner, incidentally) so that isn't actually a practical measure, just cost-cutting.

Also, just to stir the pot on the looks, the FG looks fantastic.. from the front (aside from that retarded badge and the entire FPV range) - but the profile has barely changed from the AU - still has the same bulbous roof line and droopy arse. Also, apparently the designers ran out of pencils when they reached the rear of the car (and ute especially) - no interesting features at all.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
LMAO! Taxis run LPG engines matey. And they have very different internals. But they're very similar and taxis use them for a reason - RELIABILITY. They just go forever.

Why shouldn't it be turbo'd? I mean, jealous much? 270kw and 533Nm (from 2200rpm) STANDARD with the benefit of fantastic fuel efficiency... You need your head examined if you think it's NOT a good idea.

The FG is a COMPLETE re-design. No shared components with the AU. So maybe OPEN YOUR EYES!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
lol.. I knew you'd bite at that!

I agree - it is a complete visual redesign and I never suggested that it SHARED components with the AU - but there's no denying the profiles are remarkably similar in proportion. And the arse is just boring - particularly on the ute.

And no, I'm not jealous in the least of a turbo anything. I'm not a fan of forced induction at all. So that one is horses for courses mate.

And I don't think the inline 6 should have had a turbo thrown on it - for the same reason I don't think holden should throw a turbo on theirs. But that is just my opinon, mate.

Look it's a very good car, no doubt about it - is it better than a VE? Not really. FG has a slightly more modern interior with slightly less comfortable seats.

And when comparing like with like (not turbo with sidi) there's FA difference between them, to be honest. It's just the FG utes that get left behind.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I bet my 15 year old Peugeot has less creaks and rattles than either of them. Spends about as much time in the workshop as well! :smoking: