Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Got a Samsung S5

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Wait for iPhone 6, I've had a couple of androids and they just aren't as responsive as iPhone.

But which Androids?

Typical Apple user, thinking all Androids are the same. lol

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
bought the mrs a One M8 - smashes everything out of the park, then you enable ART.

Agree with you on the One M8 but that chrome bezel. You just can't unsee it! How are you going with app compatibility with ART?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Agree with you on the One M8 but that chrome bezel. You just can't unsee it! How are you going with app compatibility with ART?

dat chrome bezel is a real head turner, ART so far has been great - the mrs wouldn't even know what an ART was if it hit her over the head - so yeah I'd know about that if there was an issue.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
But which Androids?

Typical Apple user, thinking all Androids are the same. lol

First was an Xperia X10 which was absolute junk, HTC ONE M7 and Galaxy s3
I use my phone to make calls, send/receive SMS, browse internet and a few different app, iPhone suits my usage and have found it to be more responsive and user friendly than any of the androids I've had.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I use my phone to make calls, send/receive SMS, browse internet and a few different app, iPhone suits my usage and have found it to be more responsive and user friendly than any of the androids I've had.

probably the apps not the device, but then I'm no fan of stock s/w on Sony or SS - the M7 I'm yet to use but your assessment doesn't match that of friends I have with M7's.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
any phone can slow down based on many factors, junkware running, active apps and general bloatware. I love my android phones, both samsung and HTC...that ONE M8 is a sexy phone!
Consider flashing a ROM, I run pheonix rom v9...its quick as!
I dont use alot of apps, but what I do

your banks app
tapatalk
ebay
footytips
ozbargain
zedge
podast addict
twee

and usual google goodies as mentioned

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
any phone can slow down based on many factors, junkware running, active apps and general bloatware. I love my android phones, both samsung and HTC...that ONE M8 is a sexy phone!
Consider flashing a ROM, I run pheonix rom v9...its quick as!
I dont use alot of apps, but what I do

your banks app
tapatalk
ebay
footytips
ozbargain
zedge
podast addict
twee

and usual google goodies as mentioned

Exactly , I've looked at the Samsung range , and I still think iPhones have everything I need and none of the gimmicks that I'll never use . But the galaxy's are still impressive .

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I was looking at changing from my Iphone5 to an S5 but while playing with a friends S4 it seemed to be quite slow to respond and load things like web pages and move from one app to another.

Does the S5 fix this or do I just wait for the Iphone6?

Wait for iPhone 6, I've had a couple of androids and they just aren't as responsive as iPhone.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but there are ways of speeding up the Samsung's so they're more responsive.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Critical question; does it fit in a sammich bag?

very good question jest

- Scrollin option work: Check
- Echoing sound to simulate sloot is gaggin infront of you: Check
- Splash proof from accidental cum shots : Check
- Splash proof from when your watchin a bukkake and your kinda scared like one day jizz is gunna cum thru your screen and hit you: Check
- Phone smells like a sammich after the fact: Check

i made my boss take a picture while at work lol

20140709_101212_zps9298d81d.jpg

i had the Xperia X10 and i could not fault the phone. it copt so much punishment and the only drama i had was battery life towards the end had it close 4 years before going to the iphone 5.

not having a dig but iphones are junk. and ill stand by that claim. within my 20 of my 24 month contract i had 3 iphones. all replaced by apple on the spot because they are junk.

im sorry but if you have a phone that has 900 songs on it, and you go to upload a new ring tone to it, and it causes itunes to delete ALL your music then theres something seriously wrong with itunes and its 'user friendliness'

i mean to have a after market ring tone on a iphone is the biggest fkn mission. anyone that says iphones are more user friendly are full of ****. my samsung i drag and dropped and boom new ringtone on there.

if you call not being able to mod the phone like being able set things like data usage or the local weather on your front page then yeah, they are user friendly. cause you cant do **** to them.

but its like technical problems. you have to book a week in advance to see someone at apple. i mean you cant even walk in off the street that day because they have that many people coming in with returns. its fkn pathetic.

its like last night my little sister went to do an update. phone cracked that **** and she called apple and they are like yeah you need to do a factory reset. seriously?!

i have had an iphone, and if people love them then thats fine. i wont try and change their decision. im VERY happy with my samsung.