Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6

There's definitely an anti-china narrative being pushed at the moment in Oz, while I think it is prudent that the Australian Gov should be careful about any type of Chinese investment here, for obvious reasons, lets not forget the USA and the UK are no saints.
We are still a lap dog to the US and the British Monarchy holds significant influence in Australia.
In fact when it comes to foreign investment in Australia, the USA and the UK invest significantly more than China, even if you include Hong Kong.
https://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/resou.../Pages/statistics-on-who-invests-in-australia

As of June 2016, foreign ownership of Australian agricultural land (same as above - USA, UK)
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...op-10-foreign-land-owners-in-australia-2016-9

US investors own significantly more of Australia's 20 largest ASX listed companies, than Australians do
http://theconversation.com/worried-...-who-owns-australias-biggest-companies-123343

It's highly probable the current anti-china narrative being pushed is driven by the USA, Trump has been in trade and economic conflict with China since being elected. ..at the same time, his daughters company imports vast quantities of Chinese manufactured products.
Trump's provocations with N. Korea was a stage show for China and the world and an excuse to build up more US military resources around China's mainland borders.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
It's darkly humorous because for decades the US and so called western democracies have embraced globalism and free market capitalism, China opened its doors and the world flooded in to take advantage of and exploit China for pure financial profits, with scant regard for environmental pollution, waste and human rights, now that China has become a little too big, a little too powerful and a little too wealthy the status quo are getting nervous.

Over the last 15-20 years, Australia has welcomed with open arms Chinese money from students, tourists and property investors.
All three levels of government, our big banks, real estate companies and universities have raked in billions in revenues from China, now, all of a sudden Australia too is in political and economic conflict with China....all because of a microscopic virus.
What gives?
What's really going on in the secret halls of power?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Over the last 15-20 years, Australia has welcomed with open arms Chinese money from students, tourists and property investors.
Why I hate old people and university intellectuals they knew they were selling us out but took the money now look at what a **** hole the country is. Try and see a doctor wait 3 weeks to see some jippo that can hardly speak the language. Where are all the drugs coming from last time I was in Melbourne there seamed to be an endless supply of drug addicts sleeping all over the foot path.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
9/11, and it was a inside job by Bush there were no planes they were edited into the shot, America special ops used drones to attack the buildings, if they were planes where are the manifest of people on board who died, why wasn't there any plane parts on the outside lawn of the pentagon or parts among the rubble? why did the tip of the plane go outside the other side of the building without a scratch? Why was the steel in the street still smouldering days after no amount of jet fuel would cause that to happen, why did the cars on the street burn inside out instead of outside in (magnetic pulse fried the computers causing the fires in the car), why was there a flash of light on impact from the window? Why was there a special op team ready to go in and remove any evidence of detonation, why did the building come down in perfect formation without damaging nearby buildings, terrorist don't care about perfection, the drones were used to take out the elevator shafts it was the only thing that would of caused a problem in bringing down the building in perfect formation, Bush wanted what his dad wanted and that is have the Bush name as president that declared war on a country which they never found weapons of mass destruction, power is everything to some. ( Our little Johnny committed war crimes thanks to Bush)
Sorry that was my second spit wasn't to be until I seen the 11/9:D . There just to many unanswered things that make the 9/11 which by the way is a important date in the Islamic calendar if you know anything about that religion, make sense, there were people who said there was no sound of a plane just explosion and detonation bang pop bang. Even news reporters said those cameras don't usually point in those directions of the twin towers , Sorry I take my meds and put my tin foil hat back on.
No please. Keep digging.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Well the thread has been inactive for a while but just today I was thinking about it and realised peak stupidity will be in 2 years time when Victorians vote in yet another incompetent corrupt Labor government led by the next union puppet after Andrews decides it is important he spends more time with his family. The voters will justify their choice by assuring themselves, well at least this premier won't be as bad as Andrews.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Meanwhile on the west coast our "Incompetent Labor Puppet" has pretty much told Clive Palmer to **** off with his border opening bullshit. 96% approval rating! Yeww!

The media's just being an arsehole to Dandrews. Murdoch's pissed that he doesn't have control of 2/3rds of the population under his jackboot. NSW gets all the praise despite the fact that it was entirely responsible for letting covid into the country in the ******* first place, meanwhile Dan can't catch a break in the media. He does something that is recommended to him by doctors? "OMG DICTATOR DAN", he does something that the media wants? "OMG HE'S AN INCOMPETENT BOOB."

I highly recommend you watch this. Dude's just navigating a horrendous minefield of guards who leave their posts for quickies, entitled citizens that think they're above the law, and a media entirely geared against him.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
It's darkly humorous because for decades the US and so called western democracies have embraced globalism and free market capitalism, China opened its doors and the world flooded in to take advantage of and exploit China for pure financial profits, with scant regard for environmental pollution, waste and human rights, now that China has become a little too big, a little too powerful and a little too wealthy the status quo are getting nervous.

All three levels of government, our big banks, real estate companies and universities have raked in billions in revenues from China, now, all of a sudden Australia too is in political and economic conflict with China....all because of a microscopic virus.
What gives?
What's really going on in the secret halls of power?

The Liberals aren't a governing party, they're a consultancy firm for the organisation that is actually in power of Australia, Corporations. They take money from fkn anyone, including the Chinese.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Peak stupidity is not wearing a mask in a place populated by puss infected meat bags while yelling (and I’m paraphrasing here) it’s my right as a real person to choose death over bad fashion... Lots of these people in Melbourne it seems...

Then you’ve got the idiots running the show that think a virus can be “managed“ (vic and fed pollies both seem to work with that common idea). Meanwhile the virus gives the middle finger and does what it wants :mad:

Fucken idiots the lot of them :eek:

Peak stupidity was not following the same philosophy that NZed did (so far 100 days with no infections).