Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Our **** paper doesn’t come from China (it’s locally produced) but I bet it’s all going there!

There is no possible way in hell that dunny rolls are still in short supply unless they are being sent overseas!
The Chinese here in Australia brought out our stores long ago sending over our country supplies to people back home, they say they are cracking down on it so lets hope so. I can only think how much they have in storage and selling it to the highest bidder on the black market.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I worked at the place that makes the toilet paper doing the foundations for a new machine. When that one was finished they were going to start on another one. The person that owned the factory was from Hong Kong and most of the workers were from Hong Kong as well. The next machine was going to be a lot faster than the one we were doing which in turn was faster than the previous one. He was having to upgrade to keep up with imported toilet paper from China.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The Chinese here in Australia brought out our stores long ago sending over our country supplies to people back home, they say they are cracking down on it so lets hope so. I can only think how much they have in storage and selling it to the highest bidder on the black market.

The only people that do the cracking down is the checkout chick at the local woollies or Coles and most of them couldn’t be bothered starting an argument with a di ckhead!

They government should give them 50 buck bonuses for every Di ckhead they pull up!

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
They probably contributed to Scummo’s re-election campaign!

This kind of crap also shows that certain people shouldn’t be here as their ultimate allegiance isn’t to Australia but to the Chinese government!
Yeah probably, he once worked for their peak lobby group 'The Property Council of Australia...

on the other ...apparently the Gov have been trying to deal with the problem of Chinese Daigou's but they are about as effective as keeping our multi-millionaire bankers in line...you know the ones that were just 'misbehaving'

The QLD Labor gov banned all political donations from property developers and their industry lobby groups in 2018, back dated to prior the 2017 election.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/po...er-donation-ban-is-valid-20190417-p51exb.html

https://www.ecq.qld.gov.au/donations-and-gift-disclosure/prohibited-donors-scheme

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wish I knew what was going to happen in our state. I can deal with the **** to come but having NFI where things will end up means you can't get prepared and you can't tell your staff whether they should get ready to be let go. You don't know whether to squirrel away everything you can or just keep on doing what you're doing and cop the **** when it hits the wall.

I like to have plans not this out of control ****. If I knew I was going to have 1/2 pay for six months or even lose my job, I could say right yep cut right back as from now, figure out what is a necessity, get the country house ready for a long period with no income and become a doomsday prepper while I still can. But if the Gov makes a way to get by then my original plans can still go ahead and not a whole lot needs to change. The former seems to be what the Gov wants as it keeps the money moving, probably why it seems they keeps things under wraps until it's at your door and too late to do anything.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I just did a quick number check.

In 2004 total global SARS infections were 8,098 - 774 deaths
Current global COVID-19 infections are 557,700 confirmed cases - 26,000 deaths.

Now SARS occurred 3 years after the DOT COM bubble burst on Wall St, and 2 years after 9/11 and then roughly the same time as the US invasion of Afghanistan....so I think global travel in general was much lower then.
The last decade or so has seen international travel ramp up significantly and the global population is very mobile, which I reckon would contribute to higher infection rates now.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/heal...t-situation-and-case-numbers#across-the-world

https://www.cdc.gov/sars/about/faq.html

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
FB_IMG_1585396455571.jpg
Bought my wife a little something to keep her busy during these shifty times

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I wish I knew what was going to happen in our state. I can deal with the **** to come but having NFI where things will end up means you can't get prepared and you can't tell your staff whether they should get ready to be let go. You don't know whether to squirrel away everything you can or just keep on doing what you're doing and cop the **** when it hits the wall.

I like to have plans not this out of control ****. If I knew I was going to have 1/2 pay for six months or even lose my job, I could say right yep cut right back as from now, figure out what is a necessity, get the country house ready for a long period with no income and become a doomsday prepper while I still can. But if the Gov makes a way to get by then my original plans can still go ahead and not a whole lot needs to change. The former seems to be what the Gov wants as it keeps the money moving, probably why it seems they keeps things under wraps until it's at your door and too late to do anything.

Its a bit hard to be able to plan anything at the moment, because none of us has ever been in this position before.

'Unprecedented'...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Everyone is in the same boat.

No idea when / if the pay cheque will stop.