Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Illegal to get a muffler delete in vic?

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Right I'll admit, the Lotus Emira V6, does actually sound pretty darn good! Especially with that little supercharger whine

Sounds a HELL of a lot better than the Ferrari 256 GTB. I cannot fathom how many people say it sounds excellent. Sounds god awful. Like the people that say the Ecoboost Ford GT sounds good. Compared to the previous v8 GT, no, it absolutely does not

Oh and also, Lycoming O-540's sound pretty darn good for a 6. But I guess they are a flat 6, and the vehicle they go in are a little different :)

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Right I'll admit, the Lotus Emira V6, does actually sound pretty darn good! Especially with that little supercharger whine

Sounds a HELL of a lot better than the Ferrari 256 GTB. I cannot fathom how many people say it sounds excellent. Sounds god awful. Like the people that say the Ecoboost Ford GT sounds good. Compared to the previous v8 GT, no, it absolutely does not

Oh and also, Lycoming O-540's sound pretty darn good for a 6. But I guess they are a flat 6, and the vehicle they go in are a little different :)
In my ears, speedway sprint cars sound good turning 8700rpm and the older V8 Supercars pre-VE when Black Mamba and Perkins made a lot of the mufflers, perforated tube packed with stainless wool. With the V8 acoustics rattling my chain for years, other exhaust sounds don't excite me too much other than a couple of Ducati motorbikes I've heard in the distance that sound like V8's.