Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Im having trouble installing my sub.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Calm down mate no need to take a shot at me, i never said yours was wrong i never said mine was right i just said thats the way i've done all mine.

Last edited:

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
exactly! but for some reason, someone, has decided that because no one else does it, it must be the wrong way to do it.

Like I said, I've done it on 4 cars, no issues.

I swear every post I see of yours you are having a go at someone

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Thanks for the good idea AmmoJammo, i know were im gonna run my cables, i like the idea of it being all hidden. I would never of thought about putting it there.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
this is what I did on the VL.

47489937.jpg

92026328.jpg

19677800.jpg

then from the distro blocks I ran 0ga into the wheel arch, as per this pic.

88146620.jpg

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
this is what I did on the VL.

then from the distro blocks I ran 0ga into the wheel arch, as per this pic.

The only issue I can see with AmmoJammo's install is what happens when you want to remove the cabling lets say for instance if you were to sell the car? You have 2 big gaping holes to the wheel arch. Other than that yea it's neat, but I myself would use the existing grommets to the firewall. I'd have to agree with sweefu on this one. I just wouldn't feel comfortable running it through the wheel arches. Not having a go at you mate, just expressing my opinion.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
errr any way back on topic. what gauge are you trying to run hobbsy? i ran 8 gauge wire through this hole here on the drivers side. i chose it because it was stright up on the same side for a neat look. as u can see in the pics besides the fuse it all look right at home. ive pulled a bit of the loom away so it shows the red cable underneath so u can see which cable it is in the second pic

P8190414.jpg

P8190415.jpg

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
The only issue I can see with AmmoJammo's install is what happens when you want to remove the cabling lets say for instance if you were to sell the car? You have 2 big gaping holes to the wheel arch. Other than that yea it's neat, but I myself would use the existing grommets to the firewall. I'd have to agree with sweefu on this one. I just wouldn't feel comfortable running it through the wheel arches. Not having a go at you mate, just expressing my opinion.

ah, you remove the grommets and replace them with blanking grommets?

I'd much rather two blanking grommets in my wheel arch, than a hacked up loom boot/cover where someone has attempted to stuff a power cable through.

you'll never neatly get 2 runs of 0ga through any existing holes in the firewall! not on any modern car anyway!

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
-Any auto commodore. (Clutch Cable Grommet) Easily fit 3 runs of 0awg through it.