Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Im having trouble installing my sub.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Pretty sure it makes your car unroadworthy if you drill holes in the body. Use an existing hole.

oh yeah, in response to that.

you'll most likely find that drilling holes in the firewall technically makes your car unroadworthy, which is a good thing I'm making holes in the wheel arch then, not the firewall!

and once again, what are you supposed to do if there is no hole? :S

badger__rox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VnExecutive
Wheel arch is fine as there's a protective cover hiding it all and stopping it from getting anywhere near moving parts.

we had a hyundia getz that came into work blew out the left front tyre at 100 kms let me tell you the guard liner and guard tore straight off and the wiring lume that runs from the fuse box in the engine bay runs down the inner of the guard over the wheel arch and thru the pillar and when the trye let go it tore that lume straight out of the fuse box and half the dash lume got pulled out too, also id reckon the passenger would need gumboots with them to big holes,

badger__rox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VnExecutive
and if there was no chance of getting thru the fire wall id almost run the power cable along side the fuel lines and use i hole in the ass end of the car rather then drill them 2 holes...lol

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
From front of car looking to the top left where between the two bunches of loom are coming through the firewall, is where I drilled through, you'd have to make sure you wont hit anything if you wanted to do it but it was pretty straight forward, then you just put some black silicon in there to seal it.