Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser or fuel pump circuit

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
How long does factory warranty last
My car is a 2016 VFseries 2 LS3 motor V8 Holden Commodore . The car is out of factory warranty.
Holden sold cars with various factory warranty durations and benefits over re ent years..

3 years was the standard factory warranty but sometimes it was bumped to 5 and later to 7 years. Sometimes they included free servicing in the bundle but often the didn’t. One time they also included free rego and free 1st years comprehensive insurance.

And the warranty could be extended by the owner paying $$ within certain time limits. Such was like a mechanical insurance policy.

The kicker is that ACL statutory warranty doesn’t have any duration specified in law. Tne duration ultimately depends on a number of factors. Reality is that products sold down under must be as advertised, as demonstrated and must free from defect and must be durable. It’s law. As such, the manufacturer providing 3, 5 and 7 years warranty and in most cases not asking more $$ for the vehicle has shot itself in the foot. If one vehicle will be repaired under factory warranty for 7 years and a similar vehicle at a similar cost won’t, then there is a good argument that it should be repaired under everyone’s ACL stat warranty (without even getting into why the product should last longer than factory warranty)…..

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
The 7 year warranty, did they charge you any more $ for it.
No, for me it was free though they tried to get out of it and made the purchase process one fcked up experience.

But the Motorsport Edition I bought wasn’t cheap though having said that, even a SVY or evoke would have had the 7 year factory warranty included in my case (based on discussions at time of purchase and ultimate delivery date)…

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
No, for me it was free though they tried to get out of it and made the purchase process one fcked up experience.

But the Motorsport Edition I bought wasn’t cheap though having said that, even a SVY or evoke would have had the 7 year factory warranty included in my case (based on discussions at time of purchase and ultimate delivery date)…
Didn't you get a whole heap of extras to sweeten your deal buying your Motorsport?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Didn't you get a whole heap of extras to sweeten your deal buying your Motorsport?
It was the worst purchase experience of my life as all dealers played all sorts of games around everything being sold out (which simply wasn’t the case)… Holden should have sold these LE’s via direct sale, taken deposits and if large numbers place $ down they should have run a lottery to pick the “winners”…

Me, I just got the car, an overpriced car wash and lots of hassles which delayed delivery by 6 months… They also threw in the bundled “box” with the model car (where the rear tail light fell off as an omen of what was to come) and the naff key display box (which doesn’t have an easy way to replace the battery that will likely die soon)… Worse still they tossed all the paper work, build sheet, ect… Idiots…

No jacket, no hat or any other Holden paraphernalia, no invite to a club track day, nothing… Just attitude when I held them to their word… Fcukwits the lot of them (except the actual sales person who was trying to do the correct thing but his bosses were being shits)…

It was a foul experience which was a pity because the car was mostly great… and the niggly things were ultimately fixed (for the most part)…

Ok, so now tell me what sweeteners you got :p

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Holden Commodore SS V8
Holden sold cars with various factory warranty durations and benefits over re ent years..

3 years was the standard factory warranty but sometimes it was bumped to 5 and later to 7 years. Sometimes they included free servicing in the bundle but often the didn’t. One time they also included free rego and free 1st years comprehensive insurance.

And the warranty could be extended by the owner paying $$ within certain time limits. Such was like a mechanical insurance policy.

The kicker is that ACL statutory warranty doesn’t have any duration specified in law. Tne duration ultimately depends on a number of factors. Reality is that products sold down under must be as advertised, as demonstrated and must free from defect and must be durable. It’s law. As such, the manufacturer providing 3, 5 and 7 years warranty and in most cases not asking more $$ for the vehicle has shot itself in the foot. If one vehicle will be repaired under factory warranty for 7 years and a similar vehicle at a similar cost won’t, then there is a good argument that it should be repaired under everyone’s ACL stat warranty (without even getting into why the product should last longer than factory warranty)…..
CAr is off the road for at least another week. My mechanic is only one person and down a mechanic.
Rang Customer service repair spoke to a advisor. Got told to send in a report to Holden GM and have mechanic do a diagnostic test on fuel pump do a invoice send it to Them they will pass it on to Holden and wait to find out if they are going to do something about it.
She seemed like the only one that cared.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The 7 year warranty, did they charge you any more $ for it.
They wanted to, but the sales invoice was on the desk between me and the DP, I just tapped my finger on the item of Dealer Delivery Charges...
The DP looked at the invoice and said "No problems".

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
They wanted to, but the sales invoice was on the desk between me and the DP, I just tapped my finger on the item of Dealer Delivery Charges...
The DP looked at the invoice and said "No problems".
So mine might be still under warranty. I wonder if they take it up how long it will sit in dealership until part is ordered. Anyway haven’t got that far yet. I am so angry with Holden .

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
So mine might be still under warranty. I wonder if they take it up how long it will sit in dealership until part is ordered. Anyway haven’t got that far yet. I am so angry with Holden .

contact holden customer care with your vin number and ask for the warranty expiry date.

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
It was the worst purchase experience of my life as all dealers played all sorts of games around everything being sold out (which simply wasn’t the case)… Holden should have sold these LE’s via direct sale, taken deposits and if large numbers place $ down they should have run a lottery to pick the “winners”…

Me, I just got the car, an overpriced car wash and lots of hassles which delayed delivery by 6 months… They also threw in the bundled “box” with the model car (where the rear tail light fell off as an omen of what was to come) and the naff key display box (which doesn’t have an easy way to replace the battery that will likely die soon)… Worse still they tossed all the paper work, build sheet, ect… Idiots…

No jacket, no hat or any other Holden paraphernalia, no invite to a club track day, nothing… Just attitude when I held them to their word… Fcukwits the lot of them (except the actual sales person who was trying to do the correct thing but his bosses were being shits)…

It was a foul experience which was a pity because the car was mostly great… and the niggly things were ultimately fixed (for the most part)…

Ok, so now tell me what sweeteners you got :p
Threw in tinted windows Holden Matt’s. Honestly carnt remember it took 8 weeks to order .bought April 16 and first fuel injector went in October 21 warranty was in April 20.
Then they started going every two months first 7 5 and the I had enough by then I replaced them all at a cost of $1600 . Never ever did I let them go to long as soon as the message came up I was at my mechanic .
He said you might be lucky it might be only one side then the other side went
So I said replace them all. Now this what I don’t understand is I have a service twice a year . I got one warning that something was wrong I started it and it was cranking told my husband and then I didn’t think anything of it . Service was due in 14/8 so I was waiting nothing had come up on my dash . Now this what next what other problems are going to arise . What other parts did they put in V8’s especially the VF 2
Model.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Threw in tinted windows Holden Matt’s. Honestly carnt remember it took 8 weeks to order .bought April 16 and first fuel injector went in October 21 warranty was in April 20.
Then they started going every two months first 7 5 and the I had enough by then I replaced them all at a cost of $1600 . Never ever did I let them go to long as soon as the message came up I was at my mechanic .
He said you might be lucky it might be only one side then the other side went
So I said replace them all. Now this what I don’t understand is I have a service twice a year . I got one warning that something was wrong I started it and it was cranking told my husband and then I didn’t think anything of it . Service was due in 14/8 so I was waiting nothing had come up on my dash . Now this what next what other problems are going to arise . What other parts did they put in V8’s especially the VF 2
Model.
I'd sort out the fuel pump issue with Holden as it's a known safety defect which sadly Holden didn't care to handle under a recall process. Regardless, Holden should cover your fuel pump/fuel wiring repair costs under either factory warrenty or fully cover it under "good will" if they can't bring themselves to say its covered under ACL statutory warranty. Hopefully they wont be shitbags about it and just sort it out for you so you're not out of pocket on this issue.

Then, when the fuel pump issue is sorted out on Holdens dime (and your reimbursed for the repair costs), then i'd bring up the issue of the injectors and ask them why that known issue shouldn't also be handled in the same way? Then you should be reimbursed the $1600 odd it cost you to fix Holdens known injector defect (which should also have been handled by a recall).

My rockers were fixed by delaying delivery but it's all good now... i hope...
I don't think we need to worry about oil pump/torque converter failure in late model VF2's... i hope...

What else may go wrong? who knows but the big ones seem to be piston slap, rocker arm failure, injector failure and fuel pump/connector failure. That's enough of a list for me... we don't need more :p