Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

info on changing a radiator support panel

wolfy121

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb and vx commodore
hi, i was just wondering if it was legal to replace the radiator support panel or does it have to be done by a repairer, as it has an info plate on it as i have heard youre not allowed to remove it (the plate)? i know how, just wondering if im allowed to by law.
thanks

wolfy121

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb and vx commodore
lmao because its a new support panel so u need to remove it from the old support panel then attach to the new one.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
It's spot welded in.

You need to drill out all the spot welds to remove it, then you need to spot weld the new one on. Unless you can do a good job i wouldnt bother.

I was going to replace the radiator support in my VP but i found other damage and decided not to.

wolfy121

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb and vx commodore
hey

i hit a roo in my vx i have went over it and the only damage is to the support panel, light, bonnet
i have no problems remove the old one and replacing it with the new one the support panel was new
so i was just asking about the plate with the vin and engine type and trans type on it i allways thought that u couldnt remove them your self it also has one on the firewall

cheers

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Yes you can,just drill it out and rivet it back on to new panel.You dont need any1s permission for that.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Yes you can,just drill it out and rivet it back on to new panel.You dont need any1s permission for that.

I'm not sure i'd rivit it back in but each to their own, It'd prefer the standard look.

The radiator support panel is NOT structual. its simply there to hold the bonnet down and hold the radiator/condensor.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
How else would you put the id tag on the new support panel Paradox ?

My vt has a tag just under the left headlight aswell not sure if the vx has the same.