Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

info on changing a radiator support panel

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
I'm not sure i'd rivit it back in but each to their own, It'd prefer the standard look.

FYI,they all pop riveted to the support panel.But,if you like,you can sticky tape it.

The radiator support panel is NOT structual.

Again,FYI,yes IT IS (as u put it) structural.That hole on the left is (one of the)the measuring hole/s for the engine bay.Try to get it 1mm. wrong!!!! then sit back and watch your claim go down the tube.

Attachments

• 2117.jpg
    2117.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 644
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 608

wolfy121

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb and vx commodore
FYI,they all pop riveted to the support panel.But,if you like,you can sticky tape it.

Again,FYI,yes IT IS (as u put it) structural.That hole on the left is (one of the)the measuring hole/s for the engine bay.Try to get it 1mm. wrong!!!! then sit back and watch your claim go down the tube.

i was told here from a banelbeater that inspected it in person, that it was nothing structural.

thanks for all the replys

i'll be starting the repairs next week, will keep you updated :)

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
it's a catch 22
you legaly can replace the radiator support panel but you are not allowed to tamper with the ID plates

wolfy121

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb and vx commodore
it's a catch 22
you legaly can replace the radiator support panel but you are not allowed to tamper with the ID plates

i thought that was the case as i remember reading some were not to touch the plates but im going to do it and see how it go as rego is end of next month:)
so i will find out then lol

wolfy121

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb and vx commodore
also the vin number is not on that plate
its model, body# ENGINE AND TRANS AND SO ON

lsx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.7L M6
Just do it as long as you put the correct plate back down there wont be a problem,
if you want the standard look cut the stardard rivits from under neith then just glue the plate back down and the rivit will be just for show lol