Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installed battery backwards on a 2009 VE COMMODORE sedan

Ant McBride

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vesv6
I know yeah, I'm a bloody idiot but yes I accidentally installed a battery backwards in my 2009 VE Commodore SV6 sedan.
It was for around 10 seconds when I noticed a small amount of smoke coming out of the air-conditioning vents in the centre console. Now I have lost all power to everything in the centre console (radio, Air-conditioning, hazards, heater ect also the digital screen above, as you have probably realised I'm no engineer and pretty much just know my basics. I think my cars a series 1. Can anyone please help

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Damn.

First things first, you got to check ALL your fuses, and I mean every fuse. Replace what's blown and make a note of what device it was. Then go from there.

Ant McBride

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vesv6
Damn.

First things first, you got to check ALL your fuses, and I mean every fuse. Replace what's blown and make a note of what device it was. Then go from there.
Thanks Hjtrbo, I'll do that this morning hopefully all goes well. Cheers for your advice

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I know yeah, I'm a bloody idiot but yes I accidentally installed a battery backwards in my 2009 VE Commodore SV6 sedan.
It was for around 10 seconds when I noticed a small amount of smoke coming out of the air-conditioning vents in the centre console. Now I have lost all power to everything in the centre console (radio, Air-conditioning, hazards, heater ect also the digital screen above, as you have probably realised I'm no engineer and pretty much just know my basics. I think my cars a series 1. Can anyone please help
From what l've read on these forums, theres a fuse type thing on the positive battery terminal. That blows, & by blowing it should protect all the other circuits?
So replace it with a good one from the wreckers or Holden service centre.