Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interested in VS V6 HM Headers $375 Group Buy?

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
VRRROOoooommmm.... All installed. I love it! Response is whaoh...Sound is getting nice and lumpy. Very pleased indeed. The only little drama is...on the way home from mechanic...30 min drive...near the end, i got a slight rattle from back end. When i applied pressure to the exhaust (slightly stepping on it) from the ass end, it stopped??? Is this just the rubber brackets giving up?

Cheers,
Boojakz.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yeh sounds like its either touching above or on the side. sum new rubbers should fix that. recently done it in mine

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yea sounds like ur new catback is rubbing against ur rear control arms, mine does everynow and again, just not that much room back there! check ur rubbers and any thing that moves, with minimal clearance to ur exhaust

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
got mine put on by StreamLine Exhausts today(Absolute awesome guys, let me watch everything as it went on) Happy with results, (bit spewing I could of had Paceys for 500 all up fitted from them) HM didnt give me any gaskets for the heads tho, which slow'd down the progress, and they didn't design mine to well, will have to get the steering coloum side heat bent to stop rubbing against the rack. Not too happy bout that, more money spent were it shouldnt... Im gonna have to have a word to HM's quality control

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
HMs dont need gaskets, the face of the mount point is machined smooth.. not good to here u had dramas. Although if u went with paceys, u'd have a lot less room next to ur steering rack too.

how does she go?

thanks for the feedback!

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
not possible with the room bit! lol their literaly sitting on the bolt part! bout 2mm gap max. All good unless braking or sitting at lights then bit of a rumble.
Got to admit, took her for a flog this morn and she does scream well at high revs! noticed tiny bit more torque too, wheels dont need as much throttle to get spinin. overall pretty happy with everything, would of been crazy to pay any more than 410 just for the headers delivered tho. Thanks ephect, good deal none the less! :thumbsup:

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
got mine put on by StreamLine Exhausts today(Absolute awesome guys, let me watch everything as it went on) Happy with results, (bit spewing I could of had Paceys for 500 all up fitted from them) HM didnt give me any gaskets for the heads tho, which slow'd down the progress, and they didn't design mine to well, will have to get the steering coloum side heat bent to stop rubbing against the rack. Not too happy bout that, more money spent were it shouldnt... Im gonna have to have a word to HM's quality control

Sounds touch and go mate. I had a set that were perfect. The mechanic that fitted mine said he's never seen a set as perfect as they were. He said that usually he'd have to modify at least one little section or tap something in here or there...but with the set i had it was straight bolt on and fitted like a dream.

Cheers,
Boojakz.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
well finally, its been a damn long wait, but im picking mine up tomorrow! with work being flat out, and helping the old man harvest i havent had a chance to scratch..

looking forward to getting em on my baby.

I ran my sisters FTO with my cuz driving it, kept up to it, neck and neck, soon i should be able to beat it :D

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
r others gettin gaskets with there headers 2??? i went n spoke 2 my exhaust bloke he wanted me 2 make sure i get the right gaskets with the headers so how can u not need a gasket 4 them?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
bump need some response as the blokes rnt replying straight away?