Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interested in VS V6 HM Headers $375 Group Buy?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
thanks again, i'll give em a call, see if they quote me the same. the wait is killing me!! GRRRR

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Midas car care in Dandenong...They quoted me $110.00 over the phone...Took it there on the day (i was at work)...i get a call 9:10..."They wanna charge you $250.00 to fit now because there's no gaskets or anything"...(the old man cracked the shiits at them pretty bad). The guy was awesome though, he turned around and did it all for $110.00 and he did a magnificant job...very pleased indeed. Oh yeahhhh...they still do recommend gaskets when fitting them...9/10 stated that gaskets are needed still. I think it's something you have to argue about with the mechanic.

Cheers,
Boojakz.

Do u know wat type of gasket u need 4 the HM headers? will they b the same 4 the VT? and how much they usually cost?

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Have noooo idea sorry mate

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have noooo idea sorry mate

Who would b best 2 ask about these beside the exhaust bloke if HM recomends not 2 use them? coz im sure they wouldnt tell me if they tell ya not 2 lol?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
gonna call repco and price gaskets before i get them installed, they can use gasket goo instead but i still reacon u dont need em

too much faith in products???

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
too late?

Hey ephect, good work getting that group buy organised man! I missed the boat for this one though, didn't i? Just my luck, realising that i might as well get new headers and cat back before rego in march, lol. I NEED the cat back before rego (at least), just thought it better to get it all outta the way in one go. Is it viable to do the cat back and headers seperately? Or is there some trick to it? I'm a bit of a n00b to the zorst side of things which doesn't help. Anyone got any advice on a cat back to get for a vs v6 manual? I was thinking something like 2.5" system, lukey ultra flo up front, followed by a hot dog in the rear (unsure of what size yet). Would this be okay? Sorry to hijack the thread guys :bow:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yea unfortunately u have not by much thou!

if u can save up enough, i'd do the whole thing in one go.. u'll end up with a better deal, and u'll save on labour.. theres no trick to it.. but if u cant, get ur catback done, im assuming that ur exhaust has holes in it or damaged? 2.5" or 2x 2.25" catback system will be fine. some say the 2.25" system sounds better then 2.5" im not too sure, but most ppl are happy with the exhaust they end up getting so u'd have to chat to someone thats tested them all.. (lol hard to find)

ur meantioned systems, sounds good :thumbsup:

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
Ok just got my HM headers put in today. Cost me $150 :ranting: To be honest I kinda wish I didnt buy them. There isnt that much difference in sound, and cant notice any more power. All I have now is a knocking noise coming from the rear end. They must of put my exhaust out of place or something. Although he told me my throttle body needs a good clean and that I will have a fair bit more power once that is done. The Fuker wanted another $60 to do that. I wouldnt have a clue how to do it but I wasnt paying him to do it. So that brings me to my question... How do I clean my throttle body and what should I use. Thanks guys.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
bein a 6 i didnt think ud get much power gains mayb 4-6kw? so u prolly will feel it if theres ne at all wen u dun the throttle body

So all up how much have all u guys here spent on exhaust + extractors and labour?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
most exhaust places have told me 10-20rwkw, so you should feel a bit more "by the seat of ur pants" grunt.

depends on the catback u have also, the state of ur cat, if its block, obviously it will restrict flow also.

re the cleanin of throttle body n bits n pieces, i swear there was a how-to, but i cant find it..