Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Introduction - 1984 VK Calais

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
$33.00. Also you need the prep cleaner, a further $27.00 it acts as a 'bonder' for the wax.

It's almost eccentric in that they suggest to warm the wax and apply it with your hands!

A six pack, applying thousand dollar wax with my bare hands on cup eve. Gonna be some modern art ****

Where did you get it mate?? (50ml tub)

Looks the bee's knees mate

dropbear68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Berlina
Very nice machine, I just inherited my dads VK one of the last built with LV-2 4.9L motor, auto, 3.08 LSD, its a Berlina same colour as yours, has Calais wheels, Police suspension, the grey paint on mine is darker but it was deliberately painted darker years ago when dad had all the side trims replaced and the rear bumper changed due to trailer hitch cracking it so he had the whole bottom done, been knowhere in 10 years, dad got the car when it was 2 it was owned by a GMH Exec who had it custom built on the line as some of the last were gifted to Execs and they could be optioned however they wanted, future plans are unknown I don't want to mess with it really

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I'm now looking at VK Calais's on Gumtree, Ben & '87 I blame you two.

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Ben - Cheers mate, I found a little retailer called 'Waxit' in Tullamarine. They are very helpful!
Dropbear - That sounds fantastic, you're very fortunate to inherit a car like that. I'd love to see you make a thread with lots of photos we could follow.
Sandman - Ahaha do it!! Im gonna start looking on Gumtree and Ebay for one for you ;)

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Morning guys, hope you all had a good cup day yesterday (melb). I sure did, I used that wax on the Calais and the results are great. I have some photos of it too.

Also I finally bit the bullet and fitted some polished Calais wheels!!!! These have the correct sidewall size too which looks heaps better. Let me know what you think!

Cheers
Dean

No more 4x4 style tyres haha. Had to put a good hour into these with autosol though - still needs a little more elbow grease
Uploaded with ImageShack.com
You can really see the paint here and the result of the wax. After the wax is buffed off, they suggest you leave the car in the sun for 3 hours to let it bond. Lucky the weather was good
Sh** light here wrecked the photo but you can still see
Here's a close up of the waxed bootlid if the photo does it justice

Thanks for looking

Jarrad.

Vk Project Car
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais , 05 VZ HBD Calais
Looking good man keep up the good work

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
very nice matee,keep up the good work

autosol is excellent stuff,i have been told you could use toothpaste but have never tried myself

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hi everyone, bought some Purple metal polish yesterday and mucked around a bit with that. The results are much better that autosol. Here are some pics:

The wheels still have some **** on them, how do I get it off? I'm happy with the rims though

Thanks
Dean

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
It looks great mate. Good work.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2