Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Introduction - 1984 VK Calais

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
A bit late but here are some pics of the bonnet protector.

Dat strip..

windowless66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Looks good, Like the grandpa spec style your going for on your calais. The Cool kinda grandpa too not the add extra reflectors and glue a clock to the dash style grandpa. This is easily becoming one of the best VK's I've seen, Looks well cared for.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
looking good,i thought the bonnet protector went all the way across-could be wrong-looks good though

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
tint the bonnet protector, and make some eye lids that run along the same lines as the protector..

Oh wait, this isn't the JDM as fuck forum...

looks good thou. :spot on:

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Looks good, Like the grandpa spec style your going for on your calais. The Cool kinda grandpa too not the add extra reflectors and glue a clock to the dash style grandpa. This is easily becoming one of the best VK's I've seen, Looks well cared for.

Well thankyou! That's very kind.

Lmao yeah i'll pop some negative camber struts in and sticker bomb the fuel cap to make it JDM :p

Oh and you'll notice there's a bug living In my left headlight. It's probably 30 years old, I've named him Stewart.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
mcrw.jpg

The wheels still have some **** on them, how do I get it off? I'm happy with the rims though

yessss. polished is the way forward!!! very nice

with the discolouration on the center cap there, youll need to sand that off. a bit of 1000 should take care of it easy enough, then step up to 2000 then polish again.

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thanks Ari, I actually did give the centres the old once over with some 1500 then 2000 however it appeared to try to remove the chrome..it was weird so I might just get stuck into some purple polish with minor abrasives again..

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
there is no chrome on them. they are alloy. the polished effect is simply getting the surface flat. the discolouraation is where the surface isnt flat. so you need to sand it till its flat. easiest way is to scratch it with deep 1000 scratches, then remove the 1000 scratches with 2000 then remove the 2000 scratches with polish.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Just curious, what did you pay on those wheels?